What's new

DTS audio (1 Viewer)

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone done any critical listening to any of this material? Is there a master list of what has been released on DTS audio?

It's going to be months before I can afford to buy my sweet DVD-audio/SACD universal DVD player. So, in the meantime I didn't have to wait to listen to Frank Zappa - Halloween that was released this year because it contains a DTS audio track as well.

I don't know if it's something that's been around a long time or if growing/not going anywhere or how it compares to regular CD or DVD-audio so I'd like to hear some opinions.

So far I am amazed at the sound of FZ Halloween and can't wait to get home to listen to it again:)

I am curious if there are other DTS audio discs available and if they really do tend to use DTS's higher bitrate and if that results in better music quality. I believe that it's likely a poorer alternative to DVD-Audio so it's only whetting my appetite for what will come when I finally by my U-DVD player.

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, these lists are great. I might have to buy more of these dts releases.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I sure wish they would author dvd-audio discs to duplicate how DTS-CDs operate. In other words, exactly like a CD (despite what that dvdaudiocouncil.com website says, the dvd-audios I have owned do NOT "work just like a CD". :angry:

LJ

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If you like DTS disks then try DVD-Audio's. They work on any DVD player. I am buying up every DVD-A I can and listening to them in DTS or DD. The 5.1 is much better to me than two channel stereo, though I'm sure they sound better in a true DVD-A player. I know you can't use them in the car or a CD player, but DVD players make CD's redundant for the home and I own a noisey truck and two convertibles which drown out most of the sound anyway. I won't buy any SACD's untill I get a universal player sometime in the future. I'm also a big fan of recorded concerts on DVD like Steely Dan'n "two against Nature" and "The Dance" by Fleetwood Mac. Try these other formats. They sound as good as DTS. Gene

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Frys had them for $14.99 a couple of weeks ago and a few for $9.99. I am not much of an Eagles fan, but the "Hell freezes over" Disc sounds incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks