What's new

DST3000 or SATHD100?? (1 Viewer)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Okay, I have the TW65H80.
I'm having a dedicated room built, so I need to begin purchasing equipment soon.
Which HDTV STB should I get??
Some comments in another thread lead me to believe that there are reasons to go with the Sony.
But, other people have told me, if I have a Toshiba set, to get the Toshiba box.
What do you guys think??
Oh, and I'll only be using it for OTA broadcasts.

Jeff Loughridge

Stunt Coordinator
I have the DST3000 and am very impressed with it. I am also getting the 65H80 any day now. The local OTA HD broadcasts look good on it, dumbed down to NTSC. I can't wait to see them as they are meant to be seen.
------------------
Jeff Loughridge
Director of Engineering
WPGC/WHFS
Infinity Broadcasting Corp
[email protected]

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I have the Sony SATHD100 and I love it. Unlike many others, my fan is very very quiet. It also runs very very cool compared to all other units I've seen. I do wish it would let you rename OTA channels but hopefully they will enable this feature soon. Many people hate the channel guide but it's ok forr me. The Sony changes channels a little faster compared to some other units, which is also a plus.
------------------
"Some people can read 'War & Peace' and walk away with just an adventure story. Some people can read a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the keys to the universe"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks