DST3000 or SATHD100??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe McCabe, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe Second Unit

Okay, I have the TW65H80.
    I'm having a dedicated room built, so I need to begin purchasing equipment soon.
    Which HDTV STB should I get??
    Some comments in another thread lead me to believe that there are reasons to go with the Sony.
    But, other people have told me, if I have a Toshiba set, to get the Toshiba box.
    What do you guys think??
    Oh, and I'll only be using it for OTA broadcasts.

2. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

I have the DST3000 and am very impressed with it. I am also getting the 65H80 any day now. The local OTA HD broadcasts look good on it, dumbed down to NTSC. I can't wait to see them as they are meant to be seen.
    ------------------
    Jeff Loughridge
    Director of Engineering
    WPGC/WHFS
    Infinity Broadcasting Corp
    [email protected]

3. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I have the Sony SATHD100 and I love it. Unlike many others, my fan is very very quiet. It also runs very very cool compared to all other units I've seen. I do wish it would let you rename OTA channels but hopefully they will enable this feature soon. Many people hate the channel guide but it's ok forr me. The Sony changes channels a little faster compared to some other units, which is also a plus.
    ------------------
    "Some people can read 'War & Peace' and walk away with just an adventure story. Some people can read a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the keys to the universe"