What's new

DST-3000 problem? (1 Viewer)

AaronB

Auditioning
I just purchased a DST-3000 and hooked it up to my Toshiba TW65X81. There are currently 3 DTV stations broadcasting in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. At this point, I can only receive 2 of the 3 stations. I'm trying to find out if it is a result of a defect in my DST-3000 or if anyone else has had similar problems.
I am using a roof-mounted multi-directional antenna. I receive the local CBS (KDKA-DT Ch. 25) and ABC (WTAE-DT Ch. 51) digital stations, but not the local NBC (WPXI-DT Ch. 48) digital station. Using the signal strength meter on the installation menu of the DST-3000, the locked signal strength of CBS and ABC hovers between 93 - 100. The NBC station fluctuates between a locked and unlocked signal with a signal strength between 3 - 6. I have contacted the engineering supervisor and technicians at the NBC station, and they told me that they are broadcasting DTV at full-power, 24 hours a day. I am located just 11 miles from their transmitter. Furthermore, the CBS transmitting tower is located right next to the NBC transmitting tower. I can receive all the local analog channels without any problems. These facts lead me to believe that there is a possible defect/problem with my DST-3000. I haven't heard back from Toshiba tech. support yet. Any possible causes or solutions?

AaronB

Auditioning
I just learned how picky DTV reception is. I raised my antenna and turned it a few degrees and got the NBC station. I now have to go out and buy a motorized antenna rotor so that I can receive all the stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks