What's new

DST-3000 Help (1 Viewer)

Sean_R

Auditioning
Hello,

I just got a DST-3000 receiver and an oval dual lnb dish.

First went up the new dish and I made sure it was working correctly on the "old receiver" RCA 420re. It works flawlessly.

I then hooked up the DST-3000, and yesterday it said "Aquiring guide data" and then no directv channels would appear in the guide. I tried acquiring the guide multiple times and each time the same result, I unplugged it overnight and then this morning it finally was able to aquire the guide, and now the guide works, but no matter what channel I go to it doesn't say "Please call ext. xx to start service". Channel 100 doesn't show the previews. All the channels are black. The issue is the same in both modes 1080i and 480.

I have good signal strength on both the 110 and the 119, at worst 75+ (well a couple of the transponders fluctate lower).

Someone did tell me however that it could be the cable coming from the dish, that it needs to be RG6. I used the same cable that was installed with the 18" round dish which simply says "18 guage catv" so I'm not sure if it is RG6 or not. Could this be the cause of all my problems?

Thanks!

GaryP

Second Unit
Sean,

Just for argument sake, I'd like to get the simple stuff out of the way. Did you call DirecTV to get the 3000's access card activated? All new receivers need to be activated individually. Hope you find your problem quickly.

Gary

Sean_R

Auditioning
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Although I should have been able to get channel 100 without calling Directv first, I did call them, they basically activated the card that came with the DST-3000 and told me to reset the receiver, when this didn't work they sent me over to tech support who had me do the same thing.

After they had me reset the receiver the second time the guide will no longer download. I have narrowed the problem down to to things:

I have to leave the receiver unplugged overnight to get it to download the guide at all.

Once the guide is succesfully downloaded any channel I goto displays the the channel banner but no video or audio, just a black screen. The card is fine.

Also, I noticed that even though I left it unplugged for 12 hours or so, the color scheme I chose still did not reset. Is there any other way of giving this receiver a factory reset?

Very strange. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks