1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DSS/CATV/HDTV/OTA Antenna

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sorensen, Oct 23, 2002.

1. John Sorensen

John Sorensen Auditioning

New to this forum but have been monitoring this great site for a while. I have got a Twin-Dual LNB Sat Dish and Basic Cable Feed(for local stations) running in to a Spaun 5x8 Multi-Switch. I have Diplexers at the TV locations where there are DSS recievers. Everything works great as I can watch Cable & Sat on all of the TVs. I just purchased a Mits WS-55711 TV and want to recieve OTA HD. I plan to purchase the new Sony HD200 set-top box for HDNET and HDHBO when it starts shipping. What I am wondering is can I somehow combine the CATV & OTA signals, run them through the Spaun Multiswitch and split it back out at the TV? If not, can I use my second coax run and feed the Mits OTA reception. If so, could I also split the OTA antenna signal and not lose signal strength so I can feed my other HDTV? Any Suggestions appreciated!!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You may be able to combine OTA and cable with a regular diplexor IF the channels do not overlap. You will have to find out what your local digital channels are using. I'm not a fan of diplexors in any way so I keep all of my signals on separate feeds. Try combining now since you already have the TV with a built in ATSC tuner.

You may be able to split your OTA antenna signal if it is strong to begin with.

Also, you will need a Sat-C kit for Showtime HD.

-Robert

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Just happaned to get a flyer from parts express and they are selling $200 modulators for $17.
    That might work .and it's cheap.