What's new

DSS/CATV/HDTV/OTA Antenna (1 Viewer)

John Sorensen

Auditioning
New to this forum but have been monitoring this great site for a while. I have got a Twin-Dual LNB Sat Dish and Basic Cable Feed(for local stations) running in to a Spaun 5x8 Multi-Switch. I have Diplexers at the TV locations where there are DSS recievers. Everything works great as I can watch Cable & Sat on all of the TVs. I just purchased a Mits WS-55711 TV and want to recieve OTA HD. I plan to purchase the new Sony HD200 set-top box for HDNET and HDHBO when it starts shipping. What I am wondering is can I somehow combine the CATV & OTA signals, run them through the Spaun Multiswitch and split it back out at the TV? If not, can I use my second coax run and feed the Mits OTA reception. If so, could I also split the OTA antenna signal and not lose signal strength so I can feed my other HDTV? Any Suggestions appreciated!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You may be able to combine OTA and cable with a regular diplexor IF the channels do not overlap. You will have to find out what your local digital channels are using. I'm not a fan of diplexors in any way so I keep all of my signals on separate feeds. Try combining now since you already have the TV with a built in ATSC tuner.

You may be able to split your OTA antenna signal if it is strong to begin with.

Also, you will need a Sat-C kit for Showtime HD.

-Robert

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Just happaned to get a flyer from parts express and they are selling $200 modulators for $17.
That might work .and it's cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks