What's new

DSP-A1000 (1 Viewer)

Cronux

Auditioning
Real Name
Samuel
I have a good condition Yamaha DSP-A1000 which I use all the time, for all sorts of reasons ranging from TV to Brawling on the Wii. Now I seem to have a bit of a problem. Recently, the sound has started coming through crackled, to not at all for some if not all channels. I have 5 speakers hooker up to it, not counting the subwoofer. It can sometime be fixed by tapping on the top of the unit. It can sometimes restore the sound, but will almost never restore the sound completely. It also appears that it tends to go away from time to time, only to come back when I go to something quiet on TV. It was working very well when I first got it, so any ideas on what it might be and how to fix it?

Note, it's an old unit that used to belong to the family, but when we moved, didn't have a place to put it, and I wanted it, so he gave it to me.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's the input select dial, which has developed some dirt on the internal contacts. Turn it (by hand, not using the remote) repeatedly from one end to the other several times and see if that helps. You also might buy some contact cleaner (not in a bottle you apply with a brush, but in an aerosol can) pull the dial off the input selector (it just pulls straight off) and try spraying some cleaner in around the metal pin, then turn it back and forth several times. Yes, I used to have one of these amps. It's a good, solid amp, but I had the same problem after several years. Just manually work that dial every once in a while and it hopefully will go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyhoward63@g
Recent bookmarks