What's new

DSDA: a New Format for LP Fans (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This is extremely off topic seeing how heated this debate has gotten, but since the initiation of this thread, I have been looking everywhere for the SACD release of Alison Krauss and Union Station's "New Favorite" mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Anyone know where I can get a hold of this release or when it is to debut on the marketplace? I have been putting off getting the redbook version for this very reason.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Lee,

We're working (very slowly due to other demands in life) on a DSD/SACD technology article.

However to do a test as I've prescribed is beyond our abilities, as we don't have access to (A) 30ips tape, (B)Commercial encoders (C) Test equipment to compare 3 inputs, (D) Syncronization equipment.

Planning a test, and what should be involved is far easier than executing the plan, as you're probably well aware....

Regards,

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Would a turntable get a frequency response of 20 - 20,000 HZ if you have the right equipment. I only have a turntable that's built into my stereo with a cheapo built in cartridge and the bass is pretty weak. If I get a turntable with a Shure Cartridge on it, it'll sound better, right? Also have this friend with a very nice Sony Linear turntable and it sound very good to me. He says he'll give it to me if I help him get ALL of his LPs onto CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks