DS Owners-Screen Durability?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Now that some of you have had a DS for several months, how have you found the screen holds up to use of the stylus? I know that my old PDA screen got badly scratched up after only a couple of months (an HP Jornada back in 2001), to the point where I noticed the stylus getting caught in the scratches when trying to write on it. I know that Nintendo says that screen protectors will void your warranty on their website-has anyone had problems, even with touch-centric games like WarioWare, Kirby, and Feel the Magic?

2. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

Yes, Playing the new Nintendogs game I can tell of some scratches. I played alot of Magic and Warioware on it.

It seems that for Advance games I go to the sp for games like twisted cause of the twisting of the gamesystem.

3. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

Through normal use some minor (light) surface scratches are to be expected, but are in no way visible while you are playing a game. Unless you are putting all of your weight into using the stylus the touch screen's protective layer should hold just fine.

I've had my DS since launch day and don't have any problems with scratches on my touch screen. Screen protectors are available (for like $5) if this is a big concern of yours.