What's new

Dropping Netflix and keeping Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Joined Netflix around 1998 - 1999? Cancelled then rejoined in 2005 I am dropping them due to the games they to play with shipping and availability of titles. I also joined Blockbuster at the same time. Initially I recieved all but a few DVDs from the Chicago shipping facility. But over the past couple of months they have come from just about everywhere except Chicago. This cuts into my viewing time and cause longer delays with my returns. All of my Blockbuster titles have shipped and returned in Chicago. NetFlix use to be faster than Blockbuster but not anymore. Therefore, I'm showing Netflix the door right before my first billing in 2006.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
My Blockbuster service I get most movies the next day after they ship, sometimes 2 days, and every once in a while it takes a bit longer, but not too often. Also most show returned the next day after I mail it back.

danak

Second Unit
Blockbuster seems to almost always take a day or 2 longer than Netflix for me. Strange how BB is faster for some people and Netflix is faster for others. If I were to drop one, it would be BB.

Dana in MD

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Netflix use to be marginally faster before they started playing games, but Blockbuster is the faster of late. That's why I'm dropping Netflix.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm curious how many titles you try to get from them. The reason I ask is because I find these complaints usually come from people who are trying to rent 30 movies a month for $18. I go with one rotation per week and have no problems. One thing I am noticing though is they seem to refuse to send me consecutive discs from a television series. In other words, if I have several Next Generation discs at the top of my queue, they will send me one, then on the next disc they send, they skip past all the discs from that series and send me the first disc that is something else.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I don't shoot for a specfic total per month. However, I do expect quick turnaround times whenever I return movies. And oh yes, Netflix also jumps pass movies that show available to ship something else usally from another shipping center from across the country. The also show movies shipping tommorrow even when they show available. Blockbuster has been consistenly faster of late with no game playing with shipping. That's why I'm cancelling Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks