What's new

Dropping Any Shows This Year? (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I have to say Numb3rs is probably one I'll drop. I've DVR'ed all episodes so far and have only watched the premiere (last night). I don't like the cast changes, and the show somehow feels different now. Rome is another show that's on the fence. I keep watching to hope it gets better but most of the time I'm just bored.

I can't wait for Deadwood to come back.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I wasn't happy at all with the cast changes on Numb3rs after I saw the premiere, either. But, I'm starting to get used to the new people, and while they aren't as good as the old ones, the show is starting to feel more like last season did. The premiere was just a real dud for some reason. Anyway, just in case you want to give it another chance.... :)

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Other than NFL and March Madness, CBS is kind of dead to me. I am not interested in the CSI's shows or drama.

Other than sports and 60 Minutes, I find their shows to be a waste of bandwidth.

Ghost Whisper looks decent for obvious reasons :D, but I can't sit through the drama. Plus, I never really watched it. So, I can't defend for that show, other than the actor.

Garfield was an awful movie. If it wasn't for her, I would not even have rented it.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
After a decade long affair, my wife and I have finally dropped Law and Order (the original).

Still watch Criminal Intent, which is VERY average, and SVU which gets better every year it seems.

We were going to drop Lost but are both very thankful we held on.

Andy

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I rarely watch TV these days. I just think there is nothing good out there. Well I find...
I've been watching 'Invasion'on and off, which isn't a bad show but something is missing. I love 'My Name is Earl' but I keep forgetting what day it's on! lol And I agree with you Andy, SVU keeps getting better and better.

I'm not really going to drop any shows. I'm just gonna keep watching my regular ones. SVU, CSI, Las Vegas, ER, Joey...and the only reality show I watch is Survivor. I think there is way TOO much reality out there. Where are all the great Sitcoms?!

ps: One thing I *WONT* drop is NHL. I am so happy it's back!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I actually think I'm adding SVU to my schedule of shows, plus its on half an hour after the end of My Name is Earl. My cousin introduced me to it while I was visiting her last January.

Good stuff.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Last night I deleted the Season Passes for Invasion and The Night Stalker from my TiVo. I've got so much stuff to watch now that I really don't have the patience for shows that plod along over formulaic ground that has already been covered by dozens of other series. Threshold will most likely be deleted soon for the same reason, even though I like almost every single person in the cast.

I will probably also remove Killer Instinct and Criminal Minds from my other TiVo, although it is not quite space critical enough to warrant immediate action.

This reduces my remaining new series to those mentioned above plus Prison Break, How I Met Your Mother, Rome (ending soon), Extras (which seems to have disappeared), E-Ring (which I've only recorded but have not watched) and My Name Is Earl. Frankly, I'd probably only really miss Earl if all of those series I listed were cancelled immediately.

Brad

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I thought they were going to do more Extras. I hope so. I used to BE an extra, boy, could I write that show...! Best of luck to the creators of that show and here's hoping for a dvd soon.

Drop List: INVASION is dead to me now. Geez, that's possibly the most boring show I've ever seen! Wow! Talk about over-rated!

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
We only dropped one show this season and that was Alias. Other than that it's same old same old.

Thursdays: Survivor, Smallville and Apprentice

Sundays: Greys Anatomy

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

I AGREE! If they do decide to call it quits they better do right by us fans and end it properly. I am still very much enjoying this show and I hope it doesn't end after this season.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
After 16 years, my viewership of "The Simpsons" has come to a close. It was like watching an old friend die slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks