What's new

Dropping Any Shows This Year? (1 Viewer)

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
What shows are you planning to drop from your viewing schedule this season?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Lost just can't compete with Veronica Mars quality-wise.

Medium has always been on thin ice with me - I hate the concept, but like some of the writers.

That 70s Show is one I've always drifted to and from, and I sort of figure losing Topher Grace will push me away for good (this will also put me off Stacked, but it hasn't been on long enough for me to say I'm dropping it).

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I've purposefully dropped Cold Case (replaced with West Wing in that time slot) and CSI:NY (well, I only watched two of the episodes that I'd recorded last season before needing to clear something off of the TiVo).

I am being forced to drop Smallville and The O.C. due to them being up against Survivor and Alias. The O.C. was really just a guilty pleasure anyway, but this is just a colossally stupid scheduling move for Smallville.

And I am so very, very, close to deleting the TiVo Season Pass for ER... I just need to strength to finally pull the plug.

I'm also seriously wanting to delete Celebrity Poker Showdown from the TiVo because I can't stand watching people who have no idea what they are doing celebrating their own ignorance for publicity. I realize that the bar for televised poker is already set pretty low for most people, but this show is the worst form of televised poker that exists. Watching Johnny Fairplay was just torture.

Brad

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the Lost fans are pretty insecure. :)

I probably won't after the first week, anyway - I'll watch that to see if something ::snicker:: actually happens, but the next week Veronica starts.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Jason, I'm with you on Lost. I'll probably give it more than one episode though.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'm dropping West Wing in favor of Cold Case. I'm not that interested in the new direction the show has taken and besides. Next season of West Wing will eventually be out on DVD and Cold Case probably won't.

RafaelB

Second Unit
I'm dropping Joey/Will & Grace and possibly Smallville because of Alias and Survivor. I've already dropped Starved off the TiVo... so I'm not kidding. ;)

Rafael.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It would actually take a lot for me to keep watching Lost after that one week. I'm basically hoping that it will contain something vaguely resembling a conclusion for last year's "finale" (new rule suggested for TV advertisements: no promoting something as a "finale" of any sort unless there's something, you know, final about it, with conclusions and resolutions and all).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I also have "Lost" on a short leash. I mean, how more underwhelming a season ender can you get? I also don't like feeling I'm running in circles.

My on again/off again relationship with Alias is probably going to be off again. I just can't get up the enthusiasm.

Jason

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I'll be dropping anything, I didn't watch enough TV as it was. :) If I do drop something, it will probably be "The OC" because of the scheduling (and then watch it by other means).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The logjam at Thursday night at 8 EST is pretty nutty for me, I'll have all 3 ReplayTVs going, and 2 VCRs as well.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I can deal with up to five HD broadcast/cable feeds at the same time, so if I drop a show it's because I've lost interest in it. To paraphrase Elaine Benes "The show is not time worthy".

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Well Jason at least you have are lining up an interesting alternative. Veronica is very good, but I can leave her till the summer.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Actually I think any show that lasts for more then one season will probably have all of their seasons available on DVD eventually, Cold Case included.

Heck even shows that only last one full season probably have a decent shot at having a DVD set released these days.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Dropping nothing. Adding a lot. Good thing we have tivos and vcrs for all this stuff

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks