What's new

Dropped my Boston Acoustics speaker top (1 Viewer)

James McC

Auditioning
While removing one of the tops from my VR975's,I accidentally dropped it on the floor.The top does not appear to have dents or scratches,but it now has scuff marks in the black gloss finish.Does anyone have any idea how I can repair it?

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
I'd try some car wax. First, start with a non-abrasive kind to see if it will take out the scuffs. I have a pair of 975's and also 950's. I use wax to clean the tops and have had good results. If that doesn't work, you could try rubbing compound. Or if all else fails, just contact Boston and buy a new one.

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
James,

By contacting boston and buying a new one, I meant to say a new top!! Sorry if you thought I meant a new speaker. Their customer service is outstanding. Maybe give them a call and see what they recommend.

James McC

Auditioning
Yes,I've already contacted them.The tops are $48.00 each.Think I'll try your recommendation first.If that doesn't work,I'll try Minwax and a light coat of varnish.If all fails,then I'll replace it with a new top.Thanks again,Chris.

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
On My BA 950s I found the tops had a plastic coat on them. When the coat started to break up I peeled them off and ever since they've looked clean and shiny.

Don't know if this helps but since I didn't know it right away I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

James McC

Auditioning
I removed the plastic covers when they were new,so this is not the case.I hadn't thought of asking the store for a replacement.I'll try doing that.Thanks a lot,Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks