What's new

Droplets in Photoshop?????????????? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm new to PS and I've encountered a term I can't find a description for. As the subject line says, what is a droplet in Photoshop & what does it do? Thanks. :eek:

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
You mean the eye dropper?

If so, it samples the color-- so you click on a place in a picture and the spot you click on, it samples that color and makes it the forground color (so, if you needed to figure out the exac color of a background, you could click on it and it would become the foreground color).

-V

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Are you familiar with Photoshop actions? They work like macros, so that you can quickly and automatically complete repetitive tasks, like resizing a whole folder of pictures.

A droplet is like an extension of an action, it simply creates a drop target in a folder or your desktop onto which you can drag any number of files or folders to be processed by that particular action.

Actions & droplets can save hours & hours of work, they're definitely worth learning!

Hope this helps,

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Are you familiar with Photoshop actions? They work like macros, so that you can quickly and automatically complete repetitive tasks, like resizing a whole folder of pictures.

A droplet is like an extension of an action, it simply creates a drop target in a folder or your desktop onto which you can drag any number of files or folders to be processed by that particular action.

Actions & droplets can save hours & hours of work, they're definitely worth learning!
I'm just beginning with PS. Is this term explained in detail somewhere & how to achieve them? Thanks for your short explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks