What's new

DRL's - good or bad? (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I've been wondering about the blinking third brake light myself! What IS the deal? Some cars do, some don't. Sometimes the same car for the same year doesn't. Is this something the manufacturers are doing?

MickO

Grip
Speaking of the blinking brakelight. I've seen instances where people have used 'flickering' brakelights, i.e. they flash like 30 times per second. Very eye-catching. One thing you all have to agree with is that the high-power LED's IS an improvement, in that they actually light up almost 1/2 second before regular 21W brakelights.

Then we have the thing about turn signals. IMHO, having combined brake lights and turn signals is really silly. I mean, all it takes is someone without their tail lights on, turn on their turn signal on and start tapping a little on the brake - you won't know WHERE they heck he's going! Separate (and orange/yellow/blue/whatever, just not red!!) turn signals is the way to go - for the people who use them, that is.

Hugh M

Second Unit
while this doesn't have much to do with the topic.

The sun is warmer in CO, because CO is a high. Do you think it is brighter as well? I do. You also need alot more sun block up there, the UV index is way higher at those alititudes. Paint comes off of cars, fabrics and carpets fade much quicker.

Believe it or not that mile closer to the sun makes a big difference. Any idea of what happens on the moon with the sun? Its drastically different than on Earth. Is the distance MUCH different when compared to the overall distance to the sun? NO. Every mile does count. Not only for vertical height, but because of the atmosphere as well. There is alot less air up there than there is down here.

anyways, I'm willing to concede that this has nothing to do with DRL's really. sorry about that.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Also off topic but related to the brakelights. I remember reading a few years ago that they were considering brake lights that showed you how hard a person was braking for the driver behinds information. It involved multiple brake light segments that would light up like a LED level meter on your tape deck depending on how hard you were braking.

This never came to fruition. I wonder why? I thought it was a good idea.

Patrick

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I think Lincoln was playing with that idea. The only problem I see with progressive tail lights is that time it takes for some people to decipher them. Then you have all of the different lens designs for all the different cars. It would be very confusing for some people.

You would have people spending too much time focusing on the tail lights trying to calculate what to do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks