What's new

driving the divas (1 Viewer)

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Is anybody currently using a Sherbourn amp to drive the swans by Diva? I have the complete product line and am looking for opinions on what other owners are using, Including what pre/pro. Thanks.

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
ok, another question...Out of all the hype of the divas, I get only 23 visits to my inquiry and no responses? Especially after reading all the favorable info on both the divas and on Sherbourn you'd think somebody out there would've piped in by now...anyways, I know its only been a day or so....I'll patiently wait. The visits to my post prompts another question..What made you want to visit and read? Are you also curious owners of the divas? OK, that was 2 questions. Thanks for reply(s)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I'll tell ya why I visited. I have a JBL Studio setup right now. I'm young yet and don't have the room or cash to upgrade, but rockets and swans really intrigue me. I actually came here tonight looking for posts regarding what amps pair up well with swans and rockets.

.. since you asked. :)

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your reply, Adam. I do enjoy them right now as they are being powered by a Pioneer reciever I bought a few years ago. Of course, the recievers manual says 100 watts into each 5 channels, but we all know thats just a bunch of numbers directed at getting your attention at making strong decision of making purchase. I'd be very surprised to see if my Pioneer even kicks out 50 watts rms into all five simultaneously. I'm currently looking at the Sherbourn 7/2100 amp. I like the mono block design, but would still like to hear from others out there who actually have the set up just to get their input. (yes, I know sound is subjected to environment and personal preferrence). As far as you "being young". Well, sorry to say, that doesn't cut squat with the world of audio/video. I'm over the hill at 40 and am still experiencing the upgrade bug--money will always be an object. Anyways, enjoy. Dan.

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,
I have the Diva's, 6.1, C3 and R3's but I don't have the Sherbourn amp. Right now I have a Cinepro 1KSE driving the 6.1's and a 2K6III running the center and surounds. For the money I don't think I could do much better and I enjoy listening everyday. I have been thinking very seriously about selling the Cinepro's and getting the seven channel Sherbourn to make the set up a little easier on my wife. I have had Sherbourn monoblocks at home to listen to but that was with my previous system and not with the Diva's but I really don't think you could go wrong with the Diva, Sherbourn set up and I don't think you could beat it for the money, other than maybe getting the Rockets instead of the Diva's. I'm using the Anthem AVM 20 as my pre/pro and though at times I get an urge for newer equipment, not necessarily an upgrade, I can't see myself enjoying my system much more than I do now. I hope this helps.

Mike

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped by because I too have the 6.1, C3, 2.1 and R3 setup. I'm running a B&K Ref 50 with an Adcom GFA-5500 which is 200x2, and using a moderate denon 2802 external input to run my other 5 channels. I'm hoping to upgrade the denon to a B&K or adcom 5ch amp. I haven't decided and was checking to see how the sherbourn amp is working out with the Divas.

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for replying Mike and Bryce. I think I made up my mind and will be pairing up my speakers with the 7/2100 and perhaps mate that with the new Rotel 1098 with the updated software, of course. I'll have to step on that darn "upgrade bug" as it has a tendancy to have a direct effect on the W.A.F. Anyways, can't wait to see/hear the experience of the LOTR! Wouldn't that be great if DVD was all HD now instead of waiting until 2005? Enjoy.

Dan Magnin

Stunt Coordinator
Curt, check out the thread you replied with and see my response. I'm also intrigued...what would you do in my present situation as you are probably the one I hold great admiration to with these issues. (to those who read this...we've been audio/video buds since the ol' Atari).

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Well, since you asked...

I have a set of Diva 4.1s, a C3 center channel, and a pair of R3s in the surround channels. Right now, I'm powering them off of a an Outlaw 750 amplifier (165 watts/channel @ 8 Ohms). I am also using a Rotel RSP 1066 as the pre-pro.

When I first got the Divas, I only had an old Onkyo 575X receiver, and that drove the speakers just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks