Driving Quries :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Apr 14, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hope I spelled that one right...
    But anyway, here's a short rundown. For those of you in Toms River New Jersey, Near( I beleive, Route 35), You know right where Hooper Ave is(Right near the Ocean County Mall). About a year ago, I was taking my first solo drive expedition there, never quite remembering how to reach it myself before.
    Anyway, I reach the traffic light. Turns red, so I make a dead stop. I don't see any turn on red signs, no one is coming at me, there's traffif making a left turn in the opposite direction, and the traffic going my way is stopped because of it. I decide to make the turn, since there's no Stop Here on Red sign, and just as I do, the Traffic to thel eft of me starts to go.
    Now, as I turn, I hear someone whistle and say, "Hey!" I look around, don't see anything pointing at me. I didn't cut anyone off, and the byciclers on the sidewalk had to stop anyway because of the traffic, so there's no way I could have run one of them over. Any ideas on this one if the yelling was meant for me? Heh, Every now and then little things like that make me nervous because it makes me double check things that I know I did right...
    The other question....This would be for folks in law enforcement [​IMG]. One cop car pulling someone over is normal. Two Cop cars for one vehicle is a bit stranger. But what on Earth could require three cop cars for one vehicle? Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I just look straight ahead - you never know what kind of scrotes could take offence at you looking at them and decide they don't like you!

If there's any danger, just skip the light and take off, preferably calling 911 at the same time.

I have had an acquaintance who didn't do that and ended up in deep sh-t.

3. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Pedestrians?

Often, when a cop is trundling along, and sees another cop having pulled somebody over, he'll pull over himself and mosey on over to take a look. Around here, at least.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, that could be the case, although Pedestrian problems wouldn't apply to this case. While the former question was taking place on a semi minor Route Road, the latter Question I saw driving back on the Garden State Parkway today..

5. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Around here, anytime they're pulling someone over for drunk driving, they get two cars on the scene before the first cop even gets out of the car.

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hi Neil, your situation is kind of unfortunate. Those cylists should not have been on the sidewalk to begin with, if they were trying to go straight and you were trying to make a right on red (legal in NJ After a full stop, unless there is a sign prohibiting it), then it's an odd situation, the cylists aren't pedestrians, yet I presume there is/was a crosswalk there. Usually, as a driver, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try to let them cross even though they should in the road and on the lanes that are going straight. After all, bikes have every right to the road as cars do and they should get in the proper lane at all intersections, which means the left turn lanes for left turns and all that. However, not everybody does that so usually as a driver, I would treat bikes in sidewalks as pedestrians.
    Of course, the "hey" might not have been directed at you in any case. [​IMG]
    Jay