Driving Miss Daisey - Anamorphic Wide but.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roger Mathus, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    Driving Miss Daisey has been released in Japan with what appears to be an excellent anamorphic 1.85 transfer, but the Japanese subtitles cannot be turned off. This is rare these days that a DVD is so coded.

2. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

I have the Dutch version of this title, and that one also is 1.85:1 and anamorphicly enhanced. Subs are removable, but the transfer is not excellent, avarage at best. I bought it because of its price: you can get it for about USD 7,-.

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Mark,

(Werkelijk?)

You did get it for $7? I didn't even know there were DVDs to be had for a price like that. New?

Cees

4. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

Cees,

(ja werkelijk!)

Yes, new, in the bargain section of the Free Record Shop (FRS).

They also have a region-free, anamorphic DVD of The Cider House Rules for that price (with all R1 extra features) .

Also very cheap:

Natural Born Killers (DC), by Bridge Pictures. I think it's the same as the R4 version, which is considered to be the best available version.

Although the FRS is one of the most hated DVD stores in the Netherlands, I have to admit that they sometimes do have some very nice deals.....