Driving me mad! Help me name this singer from 'LEGALLY BLONDE'.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    The song 'Perfect Day' that opens the film, which is a very catchy song BTW, is performed by a group called 'Hoku', however on the radio these past few days i've been hearing a new song from a singer named Bri Larson and my boss and I swear it's the same girl from 'Hoku'.

I can't confirm this, I tried a search of the net but the results were too numerous to search through.

What is the name of the lead singer for 'Hoku'? I'm starting to really like this singer, she's got a really great voice and yes she's very cute too. [​IMG] If it's the same girl seen on the music video for 'Perfect Day' that is.

Thanks.

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Hoku isn't a group! She's Don Ho's daughter, and that's her real name. Hoku Ho, I guess.

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Not a big Don Ho follower, so I didn't know that. But i'll be dammned if these two women don't sound exactly alike! I wish I could tell you the name of this other new song, but I haven't heard it enough times to really memorize it.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    You may not know about what is basically the IMDb of music, but www.allmusic.com has a wealth of information. A quick search turns up a Brie Larson with a singled called "She Said." The corresponding album doesn't appear to have been released as of yet.

Bookmark that site. It's pretty much a daily stop for me. Sound clips, discographies, the works!

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Hoku sang 'Another Dumb Blonde' for "Snow Day", if you've seen that. It is on her 1st album. I'm still waiting for her 2nd to come out, hopefully with 'Perfect Day' on it.

Some of the songs from her first album were on video on Disney Channel a few years ago.

Glenn

PS - and I can see why she didn't call herself Hoku Ho! [​IMG]