What's new

Driving Files 101 - The Case of the Mysterious Dissapearing Car... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, last week I brought up the subject of memory lapses, and someone stated they had this while driving, without really remembering most of the trip. I had a few second version of that today.
I was easing into a turn, after the light had turned green, and was commenting myself on how nice and smooth the turn went, only to notice that the car in front of me had suddenly dissapeared. I thought it was too soon for it to have turned into the right lane, and must have gone straight. Only to remember that it couldn't have gone straight, because that was an opposite lane the way the road turned. Just out of curiosity, I made a quick turn around at the next possible area, did a little recon to see where it could have went, and found it must have gone into the right lane after it sped out of the light...
Hehe, too spooky :).

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have one.. the mysterious appearing car: The street outside my office is a busy one. I have to turn right and go do a u-turn to get headed in the proper direction. One fall afternoon, there was tons of backed up oncoming traffic at a stand still as I was trying to execute my u-turn. Some nice folks in the closest lane let me cut in front of them.. however, due to the amount of traffic, it was difficult to see if my destination lane was clear. I leaned and looked and squinted through cars as best I could. No one was there. So I did my u-turn into that far lane. Just as I was breathing a sigh of relief, a car pulled up on my right. Which, would be normal, however, I was in the right lane! So this guy was up on the grass flipping me off (apparently his horn didn't work). He must have been flying in that far lane and felt he had to pull up on the curb to avoid me when I pulled into his lane. Traffic in the other lanes was at a stand still so, I like to think he wasn't exercizing good judgement barrelling by in that empty lane. The funny thing was he continued driving on the grass long enough to pull up next to me... so the guy was a little "touched" I think.

Sorry for cutting you off crazy mystery driver... who ever you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks