Driving Diva's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelJ, Mar 20, 2002.

1. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Agent

If you own Diva's tell me if you will .What are the sound characteristics of these speakers (warm,bright,in between) What are you driving them with(Receiver). Anyone out there using the Yamaha RX-V2200,RX-V1200.Denon 3802,2802.I am trying to decide on a receiver.Have Diva's 4.1,2.1,C-3 SVS 25-31PCi.

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Michael, lots of Diva users have either Onkyo or Denon (696 or 2802 for 4.1, 797 or 3802 for 6.1) and are very happy with the combo's. Then there are occasional Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha & even Outlaw users as well. It basically boils down to personal preference. If at all possible bring your pair of 2.1's down to audition the receivers and see which one sounds better to your ears.

PF

3. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Agent

Thanks PF,but I don't have these speakers yet. I will not get them for another month. Back order. I was hoping to have a good Receiver here when they arrive.My current receiver is Pioneer ,very low end.

4. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I'm driving my 4.1s, 2.1s, and C3 with an Onkyo 575X receiver. With 70 watts of power per channel, it does a fine job.

As for the chracteristics of the sound, I would say that it leans on bright side most of the time. However, it won't be as bright as something like a Paradigm Studio 20. You may also notice that the brightness will go down through normal usage. I've certainly noticed that the 4.1s have warmed up a bit since I got them at the end of January.

5. Gifford L

Gifford L Agent

I would characterize Diva's as a warm sounding speaker. At any rate I've driven them with Denon 3802 and B&K Ref 30 and Reference 7250 combinations.