What's new

Drivers for center (1 Viewer)

Ted_Polzin

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I am in the process of building my own Amps and active crossovers. I have a question about some drivers for a center speaker though.

I have some cheap fluance speakers. I bought them to tide me over until I can make some decent speakers next year. That will not happen until around may at the earliest. My center speaker is driving me crazy. It is very muffled. I was hoping you could suggest some half way decent drivers I can drop in. It uses 1" tweeters and 4" midrange/woofers. I do not have to worry about the crossover since I will use my active one.

I would like to stay in the $100.00 CAD (70 or so US) or less range. I would also like the crossover point to be in the 2.5-3.5k range. If possible stay in Canada as well.

Thanks for all your help

Ted

Ted_Polzin

Stunt Coordinator
How about these drivers?
AW025S1 1" Shielded Titsnium Dome Tweeter $35.50
HM100GO 4" Treated Paper Bass-Midrange $33.00 x2
From http://www.zalytron.com/ in the Audax brand. Do you people know whether they would sound OK in a small box? I know they are a little more than I planed on spending but that's OK. Anyone know the freq range of them? The manufactures webpage only give Fs. Can I get the range from there?
Anyways any advice you can give would be great!!
Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks