Driver upgrade for SVS 20-39CS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Flink, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Terry Flink

Terry Flink Stunt Coordinator

Received my upgraded driver today...Thanks "Brown". Installation was very easy and the results are everything I expected and more. Performance was great before, but the bass seems more "effortless" now. Demanding material (TPM, Toy Story 2) sound better than ever. Thanks for the opportunity to make a great sub even better.

2. Steve Young

Steve Young Stunt Coordinator

Steve Young
    I also received mine today. Where I noticed it the most was that it didn't bottom out at the same level in TPM and TS2 as the old driver did.
    Sounds great[​IMG]
    Steve

3. Jeff_Ho

Jeff_Ho Extra

Hey guys,

I just saw a couple weeks ago SVS offering the upgrade. I just purchased a used (4 months new) 20-39CS and am very happy. Did I mention .. HAPPY !!! I experienced mine bottoming out within first two days I had it hooked up showing my friend. Addiction to BASS is reality !! On Pearl Harbor when the one ship blew up and the deck flexed, is when mine bottomed out. Had a little bit too much bass turned on. I am glad both of you had good results. I think I will order a upgrade at end of month. Did you happen to see what material the tube of the SVS is made of ? I'm thinking of making a clone with my old driver after I upgrade mine ..

Jeff H

4. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

You lucky guys!
    UPS delivered mine today but the surround aluminum frame was snapped like a twig.
    I guess Brown is trying to help me work on developing patience[​IMG]