What's new

Drive Like Jehu, Dumptruck, June of 44, Polvo, the Black Sea, etc... (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Other people start music threads although I'm more comfortable doing this in the hardware sections myself... :b

Anyways, been on a "noise rock" binge the past 2 weeks or so. And even though I wouldn't put Dumptruck in this category, getting the new remasters of their 3 CDs by Rhino started me down this path.

Yank Crime is also out now in a remastered version with 3 extra tracks on it (listening to it right now).

Another similar one is a CD by the Black Sea with just a few tracks on it. There's a connection to Fugazi in there somewhere. And I think they have a full length coming, but they've changed their name to Decahedron or something.

Unwound is another. And then the kings (and queen) Sonic Youth. Jawbox, Jawbreaker, Barkmarket, etc.

Anyone else listen to this stuff? Any other suggestions for new stuff (or old) to look out for?

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am a huge Drive like Jehu fan. Definitely pick up their self titled first album it one of my all time favorites. Swami records just released the Pitchfork album with the 7inchs on the cd as well. It predates DLJ but is a must buy also. Hot snakes are Ok, the latest Froberg incarnation. The other band to check out is Rocket From the Crypt. My favorite is circa now and Scream Dracula Scream. How is the Yank Crime Remaster? Does it sound better than the original?.

Jeff

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Jeff- Yeah, I do already have the first Drive Like Jehu disc. No noticeable differences in sound quality between the remaster and original, but I like the extra tracks. Cool, just read their entry on allmusic.com. I'll have to look for some of that other stuff.

Yeah, Quicksand is another, and Handsome.

And a new one I came across is North of America. Very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks