Drew Carey Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin M, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

I haven't watched a single show on ABC this fall, their canceling of any good show they had (I.E. The Job) soured me to this network, but tonight I caught an episode of Drew and I was wondering if Christa Miller has left the show? They had a "woman friend" character that basically was a stand in for Kate, but no Kate to be seen.
    Has Miller left the show or is she busy with other things?

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

(I've pasted my answer to this question from another forum.)

Christa Miller is now on another show, created by her husband. The show is called "Scrubs" on NBC on Thursday nights behind Friends. She plays Jordan, Dr. Cox's ex-wife who on the hospital board.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

worthless post, posted a bit too late. please delete if you can, admins. thanks.

4. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I used to really like the Drew Carey Show, but it's been "off" for the last season or two. This season is even worse, with the ever-changing civer versions of the theme song, to Miller leaving, to the dot-com taking over the Winfred-Louder building, to Mr. Wick becoming a janitor.

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I like her character on Scrubs.

6. Trevor H

Trevor H Second Unit

[​IMG]
    from abc.com
    Emmy-winning actress Cynthia Watros joins the cast this season as Kellie Newmark, a down-and-out beauty who has had a life-long crush on Drew. From comedy to drama and back, she has fascinated audiences with her ability to re-invent characters.
    Watros' recent run on Titus gave her an opportunity to go from the sweet girl next door to a woman darkly compelled. Her Emmy-winning turn as Annie Dutton on The Guiding Light (which also earned her the title of one of Daytime's 50 Most Beautiful People by Soap Opera Magazine)

7. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

So she did leave the show then? Can't blame her, the show has indeed been going downhill for awhile now.

What about Ryan Stiles? He wasn't in the episode I watched either...I just can't see him leaving the show.

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Styles was in the previous three episodes - looks like he was busy and they just wrote him out of this week's.

I actually like the different takes on the theme songs, but the other changes aren't really working. The show has run out of ideas and it's time to put it to bed.

9. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Isn't Kate now playing that fat chick on Drew?

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

No, the "fat chick" is Nikki, another one of Drew's old flames. She's a different actress who is actually quite attractive underneath the "fat suit/makeup".

11. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Looks like the Monday night experiment failed. From this article on ZapIt.com:

12. Jeff Leigh

Jeff Leigh Agent

That's good, because here in Arizona, they were showing Drew at 11:37pm. No problem with my Replay, but most people probably didn't even know it was on since it was so late.

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup, May 19th is going to be when they air the last Drew Carey show (just my gut feeling since that's when Drew pegged for his wedding date).

14. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

15. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I thought that the show is contractually greenlighted for another 2 seasons or so? It was one of ABC's major mistakes. Drew personally was going to pocket something like $300 million after syndication rights...

16. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I stopped watching this show regularly when Mimi started seeing Drew's brother Steve, and stopped watching it completely soon after she gave birth. As others have said, the show has gone downhill the past couple years.