Dreamworks Contact Info? (regarding defective discs)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Hall, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

First of all, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't know if it necessarily fit in with the Studio Feedback area. If it's off-topic here, please feel free to move it there or to another area. [​IMG]

That said, I was wondering if anyone knew of an email address or phone number (preferably phone number) for Dreamworks' home video department. I was heartbroken on Monday night while watching "A.I." to see the picture freeze and break up during the third act; after cleaning the disc and making sure my player wasn't dusty or anything, it did the same thing in the exact same spots. I'd read of other DW discs "deteriorating" (I think I read "Gladiator" as one of the most frequent offenders) and was hoping that DW would possibly be willing to send me a replacement of the movie disc.

I searched their website up and down and couldn't find any contact information whatsoever, so I will bow down to anyone who can point me in a general direction on how to go about contacting them. Thanks in advance!

2. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    Universal handles their DVDs:

Operations/Production Control
    USHV
    10 Universal City Plaza - Suite 700
    Universal City, CA 91608

818-777-8479.

My Gladiator disc died. I called and talked to a guy (forget the name, very nice, very helpful, wound up babbling about DVDs in general for a half hour). It took about a month, but they sent the replacement. He said they only send out replacements one time a month, so I guess how long it takes depends on what time of the month you call. Supposedly they have an 800 # (you would just dial x8479) but he did not know what it was. If you can get it, post it here.

He told me the DVDs that die of "rot" should have never made it out of the factory in the first place - they could have just as easily not worked in the first place. If you talk to anybody there, see what else they have to say about "rot."

The Digital Bits has a studio contact link: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/dvdlink.html ,although I don't know how up to date it is (there info is different than mine, but the phone #s should at least work).

3. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

Well, I just got off the phone with an extremely helpful person at Universal Home Video Customer Service who was very understanding of my dilemma. He said that I should send the defective disc back to the address you mentioned above, Jason, and that I should receive word back in 6-8 weeks. He said the the guy who checks the disc, Rene, was fairly backed up at the moment, but he would be more than happy to check and see what was up with my disc.

For future reference, the initial phone call to the number listed above asked me to call 972-293-5903 for customer service matters, so it may be worth it for me to forward that information on to Bill Hunt or someone else at the Bits for future reference.

4. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    Yup, Rene was the guy I talked to. I hope you hear back from him with an explanation of what went wrong.