What's new

Dreams (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This morning, I had a weird dream...

As I was in that sort of half sleep/half awake state this morning, I had a dream that I was moving one of those giant Poland Spring bottles. This was funny because I had a problem yesterday where both of our water coolers (at work) were completely empty and me (having just thrown my back out) couldn't change the bottles (which I normally do).

Anyways, I dreamt that I was moving one of the empty water bottles and I stuck my right hand finger in the spout hole...it got stuck in there and I couldn't get my finger out. As I pulled on it, it felt like I was going to separate my knuckle so I got worried. I remember being in a lot of pain in the dream.

Now the strange thing was, I immediately woke up and found my right hand had fallen asleep and the very same finger from my dream was throbbing from being asleep.

Neat!! I assume I was awake enough to consciously know my hand was hurting (even though I wasn't really aware of it), but to then create a dream around that pain...that was kind of weird.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's not that complicated. You didn't "know" anything. The sensation was strong enough to affect your dream, but not enough to wake you up. Happens all the time. As a kid, did you ever picture yourself using the bathroom before waking up in the middle of a wet bed? And how about the movie cliche where a noise or voice thought to be part of the dream turns out to be real?

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks