Dreamcatcher

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rhett_Y, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Did anybody catch the trailer for this? Looks kinda wierd, not sure what to make of it.....It is based off of a stephen king book so I will probably go see it, and Morgan Freman is in it........

R~

2. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

The trailer was definitely on the cool side. Looks pretty spooky too. I'll be seeing it.

3. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    One of King's better recent books. It will be interesting to see how they handled some of the aspects of the book - which could provide some major comic relief.

4. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

Yeah, I'm having a really hard time seeing how this book could transfer to film. And I like Morgan Freeman, but I really can't imagine him playing the character in the book, I just can't imagine him being crazy enough. I have a feeling this one is going to be a disappointment. Good book though.

5. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

DREAMCATCHER is one of my favorite King novels, so I have been highly anticipating this film since it was first announced. The trailer looks like they did a pretty good job of capturing the book's mood and atmosphere, and Morgan Freeman and Tom Sizemore are two of my favorite actors, so them being in here is great! Also, I think Freeman can pull off the General role, but if he will remains to be seen.
    I was afraid that the ass weasels
    would get written out of the film because of what they dealt with, but after reading something in Fangoria, I'm almost sure that they thankfully will be in the film.
    I can't wait for this film, and you can bet your ass I'll be first in line!