"Dreamcatcher" preview on TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher P, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Hello. Just saw a preview for Dreamcatcher on TV. Looked pretty cool, didn't seem to reveal too much. I don't know the story, one of the few King books I haven't gotten to yet. But always good to see Morgan Freeman.

From what I know of the plot, it sounds alot like It, adults reliving events of their childhood to make sense of them, with the help of their new, "adult" perspective. I hope the plot isn't too similar, even if this theme is. Anyone, who has either read the book or not, looking forward to this? Haven't heard much buzz.

Chris

2. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I saw the TV spot as well. Anyhow, DREAMCATCHER is undoubtedly my most anticipated film of the year! The novel is in my opinion one of the best that Stephen King has ever written, and Morgan Freeman and Tom Sizemore are two of my favorite actors. From the trailers I've seen, this film looks fucking spectacular, and it appears that they have definitely done the book justice! I am sure that this will be one to be reckoned with, and I'm tired of waiting for it. Just like THE RING remake last year, I am mega frickin' amped for this one!!!

3. rockinricky

rockinricky Stunt Coordinator

I just hope they don't even bother with making a film version of From A Buick 8 . I was VERY disappointed with that book.[​IMG] OTOH, I thought Dreamcatcher was a very good book, I definitely want to see the movie.

4. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I know jack about this movie or the book it's based on but all I can say is that the cinematography looks amazing and it's a new Lawrence Kasdan film so I'm there. It also looks pretty creepy and mysterious so maybe I can find a female to take and have her scream and cuddle up to my manliness throughout the whole movie. [​IMG] If it's a good movie then it could end up being a double bonus day for me.

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Call me a King whore I read Christine, Dreamcatcher, & From a Buick 8 and really liked all 3.

Ranking - in order of preference:
    DreamCatcher
    From A Buick 8
    Christine

7. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Wow Lou, you put Christine at the bottom of those 3? Christine is towards the top of my everything-King List. Haven't bread From a Buick 8 myself. Keep in mind Kind was involved in a serious accident, which more than anything, threw him out of his normal writing routine (3-4 hours every single day of the year, except for 2 I believe). Talk about dedication!

Didn't know Lawrence Kasdan did this film either, and wow, look at his bio at imdb.com. What a remarkably short, brilliant filmography.

Chris

8. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Yeah Chris - Christine is pretty lightweight compared to the other 2 IMHO.

Also the sequel to The Talisman - The Dark House is probably the best thing King - in collaboration with Peter Straub - has done in the last 5 years. That's a great book!

Just read King's book about writing aptly titled - 'On Writing'. Good read and he talks about his accident as well.

For my overall King rankings that's tough. Probably the top ones would be:
    1) The Dark Tower Series
    2) The Stand
    3) The Shining
    4) The Dead Zone
    5) The Dark House

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

10. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

This movies looking really good. I havent read the book yet, but I'm gonna have to pick it up.

11. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

God, I hated the book. One of his worst, I thought. But the movie is looking rather decent.

12. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

All I know about this is what it says in the commercial, and I'm looking forward to it. The fact that it's a Stephen King book turned into a movie, plus the cast, and the addition of the Animatrix CGI short that will be playing with it, all make me want to see this.

14. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Oops sorry yeah it's The Black House and it's a great book.

15. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Oh yeah another reason to go see this movie. [​IMG] Which Animatrix short are they showing before it? I downloaded the Second Rennaisance Part 1 at school and watched it about 6 times along with the trailers for the Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions, the Japanese trailer, and the Animatrix trailers. I can't wait to see all of them and get them on dvd. This gives me more incentive to go see this movie now that I can hope to go see a good film (should be coming from Kasdan) and that I will get to see an Animatrix short on the big screen in surround sound.

16. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

The look of the clip is very interesting and put it up there on my gonna-check-it-out list.

17. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

RE: Animatrix

I think they're showing "The Final Flight of the Osiris" (the CGI one).