What's new

"Dreamcatcher" preview on TV (1 Viewer)

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Hello. Just saw a preview for Dreamcatcher on TV. Looked pretty cool, didn't seem to reveal too much. I don't know the story, one of the few King books I haven't gotten to yet. But always good to see Morgan Freeman.

From what I know of the plot, it sounds alot like It, adults reliving events of their childhood to make sense of them, with the help of their new, "adult" perspective. I hope the plot isn't too similar, even if this theme is. Anyone, who has either read the book or not, looking forward to this? Haven't heard much buzz.

Chris

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I saw the TV spot as well. Anyhow, DREAMCATCHER is undoubtedly my most anticipated film of the year! The novel is in my opinion one of the best that Stephen King has ever written, and Morgan Freeman and Tom Sizemore are two of my favorite actors. From the trailers I've seen, this film looks fucking spectacular, and it appears that they have definitely done the book justice! I am sure that this will be one to be reckoned with, and I'm tired of waiting for it. Just like THE RING remake last year, I am mega frickin' amped for this one!!!

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
I just hope they don't even bother with making a film version of From A Buick 8 . I was VERY disappointed with that book.:frowning: OTOH, I thought Dreamcatcher was a very good book, I definitely want to see the movie.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I know jack about this movie or the book it's based on but all I can say is that the cinematography looks amazing and it's a new Lawrence Kasdan film so I'm there. It also looks pretty creepy and mysterious so maybe I can find a female to take and have her scream and cuddle up to my manliness throughout the whole movie. :D If it's a good movie then it could end up being a double bonus day for me.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Call me a King whore I read Christine, Dreamcatcher, & From a Buick 8 and really liked all 3.

Ranking - in order of preference:
DreamCatcher
From A Buick 8
Christine

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Wow Lou, you put Christine at the bottom of those 3? Christine is towards the top of my everything-King List. Haven't bread From a Buick 8 myself. Keep in mind Kind was involved in a serious accident, which more than anything, threw him out of his normal writing routine (3-4 hours every single day of the year, except for 2 I believe). Talk about dedication!

Didn't know Lawrence Kasdan did this film either, and wow, look at his bio at imdb.com. What a remarkably short, brilliant filmography.

Chris

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yeah Chris - Christine is pretty lightweight compared to the other 2 IMHO.

Also the sequel to The Talisman - The Dark House is probably the best thing King - in collaboration with Peter Straub - has done in the last 5 years. That's a great book!

Just read King's book about writing aptly titled - 'On Writing'. Good read and he talks about his accident as well.

For my overall King rankings that's tough. Probably the top ones would be:
1) The Dark Tower Series
2) The Stand
3) The Shining
4) The Dead Zone
5) The Dark House

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
This movies looking really good. I havent read the book yet, but I'm gonna have to pick it up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From what I know of the plot, it sounds alot like It, adults reliving events of their childhood to make sense of them, with the help of their new, "adult" perspective. I hope the plot isn't too similar, even if this theme is.
It's really nothing like It, though there are some ties between the two books.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
All I know about this is what it says in the commercial, and I'm looking forward to it. The fact that it's a Stephen King book turned into a movie, plus the cast, and the addition of the Animatrix CGI short that will be playing with it, all make me want to see this.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Oh yeah another reason to go see this movie. :D Which Animatrix short are they showing before it? I downloaded the Second Rennaisance Part 1 at school and watched it about 6 times along with the trailers for the Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions, the Japanese trailer, and the Animatrix trailers. I can't wait to see all of them and get them on dvd. This gives me more incentive to go see this movie now that I can hope to go see a good film (should be coming from Kasdan) and that I will get to see an Animatrix short on the big screen in surround sound.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The look of the clip is very interesting and put it up there on my gonna-check-it-out list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks