Dreamcast Bargains at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Apr 5, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

In case anyone's interested, Best Buy have dropped the prices on a whole bunch of DC games.

Alien Front Online $9.99

Bomberman Online $9.99

Tomb Raider Chronicles $9.99

KISS Psycho Circus $9.99

Railroad Tycoon $9.99

Tennis 2k2 $19.99

Mat Hoffman BMX $19.99

Dave Mirra BMX $9.99

I *really* need a Bomberman at that price, but my local store's sold out already. Bah.

2. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Thanks for the heads up Brian. Although I gave my beloved Dreamcast to my brother when I moved (and got a PS2 instead), I still try to play it as often as possible. I am currently looking for a Dreamcast of my own again, so I can 'emulate' (hehe [​IMG] [​IMG] ) his legitimate, legal purchase of many great Dreamcast games.
    No luck so far in the B&Ms. There is no denying the system's cult status.
    -j

3. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I picked up Last Blade 2 for $9.99 and they also had King of Fighters Evolution for the same price. I got Last Blade 2 but I don't know how good KOFE is. Anyone played this game and want to give a little review of it feel free to do so. [​IMG]

4. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

BTW, Joe, thanks for the NES, err.. I mean, Sega Dreamcast. :)

Unfortunately, the Best Buy up here in the North Bay is only stocked with copies of Online-only Games (ugh), Fighting Force 2 (ugh), and all the 2k/k1/k2 Sega Sports Games (most still $30+). The others have long since left their inventory. The 'best buys' to be found up here are actually in the used sections of the local mall, if you can believe that.

Recently got "Super Magnetic Neo" for $7 - fun game. I love those cartoony platforms.

I saw a used Dreamcast up here about a month ago, but it was bought up very quickly for $60 (!). I'm sure they can still be found online though.

~Steve

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I just noticed that ebgames.com is only selling Used DCs now!

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I really need to find another copy of Bomberman Online for a mate in the UK - if anyone can pick me up one at $9.99, can you get in touch?

7. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

One question regarding Bomberman Online...can it be played split-screen amongst four players in the same room, or is it a "multiplayer online only" like Alien Front Online?
    Two of the local Best Buys have dropped Unreal Tournament to $9.99 and World Series 2K2 to $14.99. They'd better do the same to NHL 2K2 soon. [​IMG]

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Bomberman can be played by 4 people on the same DC, yup, and it's very very good! [​IMG]

9. Michael St. Clair

10. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If you're an IGN INsider there's an article that talks about Sega saying goodbye to the DC. If anyone can give some details on it I'd appreciate it.

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Of course it's not as good as ten player Saturn Bomberman - not many games are! But it's a good substitute... Lots of nice playmodes new to this version. In screens it appears to have a fake '3d' view but in multiplayer, it's the old faithful topdown 2d view that works so well.

At $9.99, this is WELL worth picking up, guys.

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I love my wife! Just got a phonecall from her, she's picked up KOF:Evolution & Dave Mirra to cheer me up seeing as I'm stuck in work on a Sunday & recovering a dentist visit yesterday. Gotta love a woman who buys ya videogames [​IMG]
    I think that takes me upto about 85 DC games, with another 4/5 in the mail...

13. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    I'd love to get Bomberman, but as was mentioned before, the BB's I've been to mostly have the sports games, and that's about it [​IMG].
    -Christian