What's new

Dreamcast are no longer available (1 Viewer)

BrandonG

Agent
Just a heads up to anyone still debating on buying a Dreamcast that it looks like Best Buy will no longer be getting anymore shipments. I checked all the warehouses in the company and they are all empty with no more orders coming in. I am assuming this is true for most retailers, since Sega was just clearing out their whses. Man, we must have sold 350+ of those in just the past 3 weeks at my store alone. BB did get a bunch more $9.99 titles back in stock, so now is the time to stock up on games. Hope this helps.;)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
These are flying off the shelves in Toronto as well. The bare system is $69Cdn. That's an incredible price! I told some of my friends about them. At this price, there's no reason not to buy one.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update, Brandon. I've been meaning to pick up a spare, so I guess now is the time...

-Dave

ChrisV

Second Unit
Graeme, check out Walmart, the local one is blowing out all its DC stuff fairly cheaply. Toys R Us doesn't seem to have gotten the hint yet, though.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Dreamcast is not going away.

When the Genesis, GameGear and Pico were dropped by Sega a company called Majesco purchased the rights to continue production of those systems. Majesco has done the same with the Dreamcast. New Dreamcast systems will be available in the US at some point (I have no knowledge of a time table).

Majesco made minor cosmetic changes to the other systems so it'll be interesting to see what they do for the Dreamcast.

I doubt these new Dreamcasts will be sold everywhere. I do know TRU will sell them.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
at Planetdreamcast.com there was a link to another site that says the Dreamcast production factory in japan is opening up again.. :)

BrandonG

Agent
That is true about Majesco, but most retailers will not use valuable retail space on a dead system, not with Xbox, Gamecube, GBA and PS2 needing more space this coming year. I have to add a new 4 foot section every few months to the PS2 because of all the games coming out. Even when Dreamcast was in its prime, some Walmart's just had the games thrown into the game cases, they didn't even display them. From what I have seen at my local TRU's is that they don't have any game selection. Heck, my local TRU still has Pikachu N64's stacked miles high for $149. I can tell you that currently BB will not be carrying the Majesco unit, but who knows, that could change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks