Dream Vision Vs Optoma

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RonaldMc, Jul 14, 2004.

1. RonaldMc

RonaldMc Agent

hello this is Ronald, i just started viewing diferent typesof projectors, and i liked the Optomah76 but i think Dream Vision is a better brand, i am no expert and im not shure at all. i was looking at the DreamWeaver from Dream Vision and the employer was recomending this specific projector for my room of 16x16 feet by a ceiling 9 feet high. i would apreciate any opinions on DreamVision. (If it wasnt for this site i would shurly bought Bose speakers)=)

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

The Dreamvision unit uses the Infocus engine I believe. Exactly the same menu system as the Infocus. I found both the infocus/Dreamweaver to have similar performance. (Nice)

I don't have an opinion on the Optoma though ... aside from their engineers not liking calibrators. [​IMG]

Regards

3. RonaldMc

RonaldMc Agent

hehe thanks do you own a infocus or DreamVision? and how do they work out on a small room say 16x16 ft.
    thanks

4. Phil2B

Phil2B Auditioning

ronald i was an infocus dealer for 5yrs it is a great looking projector but when it breaks( and it will) they will charge you $518.00 just to look at it even if it just needs a $2.00 fuse. I am now an Optoma dealer and must say better service and image. The Optoma projectors I see people discussing in this forum are data grade not the home theater models and it makes a big differance. The data projectors don't handle moving video in the same way as do the theater models. Go look at the HD8200 and HD 8600.