What's new

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos in 5.1! (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
To TheLongShot and Aaron Silverman, would you guys care to be on our monthly newsletter? We just sent out our latest edition.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
HA, yeah the moderator took it down last night. I just had an awesome poll going...

Dream Theater vs. Dream Theater

900 hits in under 4 hours.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Seeing them in Dallas...err...... Grand Prarie to be exact on August 2nd. I'm taking my girlfriend because my two friends that are DT fans can't go, so she really doesn't know what she's in for. I did warn her that DT typically goes three hours. Should be fun.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member

That was true for the "Evening with DT" concerts, but I believe that for this tour the shows will be around 2 hours (not counting the opening band's time).

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Thanks for the correction. Even still, much more than two and I could get restless, no matter who it is. Maybe not, though.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
The Long Shot (Jason) and I both ran into each other last night at the Baltimore show. Nice seeing you again dude.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Chicago (Rosemont) show was great...Blind Faith was a highlight, as well as ITPOE and the encore medley. I would have preferred more new songs (or swap CM and TDEN for TMOLS) but overall I can't complain.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Honestly, probably one of the better shows I've seen them do, and I've seen a lot of Dream Theater shows.

It is nice to see Jordan have some additional tricks up his sleeve. He's got another keyboard mounted on his Kurzweil, which he used only once to do an intro to Surrounded. He also have a fingerboard thingy that he used on a few songs and he has a keytar which he dueled with John with and did the intro to Lines In The Sand on as well as part of his solo.

They also seem to be going the way of Rush and doing a lot of videos. The most notable being the one for "The Dark Eternal Night" where their cartoon selves do battle with evil.

Nice to see you again, Brian. I saw that you and your friends were pimping your band after the show. I saw a few copies of your CD lying around.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks