Dream Theater - New Song "As I Am" (link inside)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Todd Schnell, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

2. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Not a bad track, but very generic. To me they've yet to top anything on Images and Words.

3. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

double post

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Thanks for the link!

This lends credit to the talk that their new one is going to be a more straight metal album. Kick ass! Can't wait for the album.

5. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

Too early to make a judgement, but it sounds pretty good to me! I have never been very good at deciding right off the bat how much I will like a song. Hell, I remember not being very impressed the first time I heard Master of Puppets[​IMG] Also, it took me a few years to give Falling Into Infinity another try and now I love it.

It does sound like it has a heavier groove to it which I love (although it's hard to tell on these crappy monitor speakers).

6. Trina

Trina Agent

It's a good solid song, but it doesn't do much for me as Dream Theater track. It doesn't have that 'DT' vibe to it. Maybe it's because it's the radio edit. I don't know. I'm a DT fan, but they kind of lost me a bit with the last CD. Even before that, Scenes didn't really speak to me either. I love them as a band of musicians, but this sounds kind of like DT Plays Metallica. Let's hope the rest of the CD makes up for the lackluster on this track.

T

7. JosefM

JosefM Auditioning

I'm a huge DT fan, but the last couple of albums have not hit me as hard as their ealier releases. This song has potential. I'll have to wait and see how the rest of the album sounds. btw, thanks for the link.

8. Everett Painter

Dream Theater is back folks!!

Please remember that it is tough to judge an entire album by a low quality, radio edit of probably the most radio friendly cut on the album.

I personally feel this album is going to be massive. Also, be aware that they are going for a more 'metal' album this time out.

Check out this link for samples:
    http://www.warnermusic.de/starcheck/...c=075596289122

9. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

your link is dead.

anybody else have a link to that song? those other links require realplayer >:E