What's new

Dream Theater DVD - worth it? (1 Viewer)

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York is very good? I really like that album and DT puts on a great live show, but is the DVD of good quality? How is the audio? Thanks guys, I appreciate the help...

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
It is one of the best concert videos I have ever seen. The show itself is amazing (several surprises) and there were plenty of cameras around to record the events. Video quality is mixed as both professional grade and cheaper cameras were used. Lots of split-screening was used for moments like duets between Petrucci and Rudess, so little is left out. I don't have the greatest audio system in my home theater, but it sounds great to me. DT's tech guys understand how to make clear and sharp live audio recordings. The commentary track during "Scenes From a Memory" is quite silly at times and is worth a listen. If you like the band and album, I highly recommend this DVD.

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
The video is OK, 4x3. The audio is terrible, dolby 2.0, that is effectively stereo, but worse and it is extremely low. If you are a fan (as I am) it is a must buy despite its technical shortcomings

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, I will be picking this up. Stereo is fine by me, and if the audio is low... well then I can crank it up!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
A bit late, but let me comment: I LOVED it!, unfortunately I missed an opportunity to have been there that night. the CD set is also excellent. DT is one of, if not the best live bands ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks