What's new

Dream DVDs (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I assume the thread-starter was inquiring what our individual "Dream DVDs" might be like if only we could coax some nice studio executive into producing such low-profit items. :)

I've got one that would most certainly bankrupt the company distributing/producing it. (But it's fun to dream about nonetheless.) :) :D ..........

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------

"The Assassination Of John F. Kennedy: As-It-Happened"

Complete 91-Disc Set featuring all 165 hours of original TV coverage from all three major networks, covering the events of November 22 to November 25, 1963.

Restored & Remastered Video from the original network master tapes.

This Unparalleled Mega-Set Includes These Deluxe Bonus Features (on 9 extra discs):

>> CBS' "As The World Turns" soap opera in its entirety, including original commercials, as it aired on Friday, November 22, 1963 @ 1:30 PM (ET).

>> Three New 2003 40th-Anniversary Documentaries, examining the events surrounding the assassination, including many computer animations recreating the assassination. Hosts include: Tom Brokaw, Walter Cronkite, and Peter Jennings.

>> "Virtual 3-D Tour Of Dealey Plaza", with multi-angle capability.

>> "The History Of The Texas School Book Depository" featurette, exploring the famous warehouse, inside & out, including current footage of "The Sixth Floor Museum".

>> Complete list of all Dealey Plaza witnesses, including mini-bios and a 3-D "Where They Were On Nov. 22" interactive map.

>> "Where Were You?" featurette, featuring interviews (new and archived) with many politicians, celebrities, and just plain ol' folk, as they discuss the assassination and reveal where they were when they first heard the shocking news from Dallas. Participants include: Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Bob Hope, Judy Garland, James Stewart, Frank Sinatra, plus many others.

>> "The Secret Service: What We've Learned Since 11/22/63" 48-minute original featurette.

>> "Exploring The Conspiracy Theories" documentary featurette.

>> "The Films Of November 22" -- Featurette exploring the many amateur films that were taken at the time of the JFK assassination.

>> "The Dallas Police Department: Then And Now" featurette.

>> "Air Force One: Kennedy's White House In The Sky" -- 39-minute documentary program delving into the history of SAM 2-6000, JFK's official aircraft during most of his 1,037 days in office. Historic, rare photographs of the aircraft on the ground and in-flight are included.

>> Multi-page text biographies for: John F. Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby, Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis, Robert F. Kennedy, and Lyndon B. Johnson.

>> Photo Galleries, including more than 500 photographs associated with the assassination (all re-mastered for HD clarity).

>> 42-page companion collectible booklet, with information on the events of November 1963 and the restoration of the wealth of video material compiled for this massive DVD Collection.

>> Deluxe Leather Slipcase Packaging.

>> Individual Keepcases for each of the 91 discs in the set; with extensive liner notes for each disc.

>> Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1 (Full Frame) -- Applies to material originally broadcast in 1963.

>> Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 (Anamorphic) -- Applies to all-new featurettes/documentaries.

>> Interactive Menus, with detailed sub-menus on every disc.

>> Scene Selections.

>> English Sub-titles.

>> MSRP: $9.95. :D :) :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Plus....This one wouldn't be half-bad, to boot. :) ........

-------------------------------------------------

PSYCHO (1960) 2-DISC SE ....................

Anamorphic Widescreen. (1st time ever in Anamorphic WS.)
Original Mono Track.
DD 5.1 Re-Mix.

Commentary Track with Janet Leigh.
Commentary Track with Roger Ebert.

All-new 125-minute 43rd Anniversary "Making Of" behind-the-scenes documentary.

"Remembering Anthony Perkins as Norman/Mother" 36-minute documentary featurette.

Interactive "Tour The Psycho House" feature.

Interactive "Create Your Own Shower Scene". (Inspired by this Internet site.)

The 1964 interview with "The Master": "A Talk With Hitchcock" (52 mins.).

Interactive "Clue" Board Game, featuring "The Bates Motel", "The Old House", "The Swamp", et al.

Isolated Bernard Herrmann Musical Score.

Complete Original Screenplay.

Photo Gallery (175 Screens).

Original Trailers.

Re-release Trailers.

Alfred Hitchcock Biography.

Cast & Crew Text Info.

Informative Production Notes (29 Screens).

Collectible 20-Page Booklet, with rare photos.

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
"The Secret Service: What We've Learned Since 11/22/63" 48-minute original featurette.
Um, as much as I can agree with the idea of this set and the impossible to beat price, I think the original run-time of this featurette was 54 minutes...

WHY CAN'T WE EVER GET THE STUFF WE WANT ON DVD!!!!

Sorry, it's been edited... No sale...

:D :D :D
(The above posted comments are dripping with sarcasm - I just felt the need to get something insane out of my system. That and call into question the often-outlandish comments on here from people (myself occasionally included) wanting everything their own way all the time (See Star Wars thread, if needing further clarification...)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy that "Psycho" DVD David.

Right now my "dream" DVDs are the 2 mini-series:
-North and South: Books 1 & 2
-Masada

And the 2 TV series:
-St Elsewhere
-Hill Street Blues

All with commentaries! :D :D :D

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Complete Academy Awards Collection

This massive multi-disc set will include every Academy Awards show since it was first televised on television. In addition, it would also include photos, radio broadcasts, newsreel and other footage from the shows prior to those televised.

Extras would include:

- Commentary by historians
- Trivia tracks and dossiers that run alongside the show
- A documentary on the history of the Academy Awards going through its creation, its humble beginnings, and the worldwide phenomenon
- A documentary on the hosts of the show
- A featurette detailing the voting process
- An extensive decade-by-decade breakdown of the Academy Awards featuring interviews with historians, Oscar winners, and more. They should share all of our favorite award show gossip. :)
- A featurette on all the different auditoriums, etc that were home to Oscar through the years
- A featurette on the making of one of the Golden statuettes
- A featurette where all the historians rant about who should've won the Oscar!
- A featurette on the Oscar hype: including the creation of the poster, marketing, and of course, the red carpet and fashion!
- A featurette on the writing of a show
- A featurette on the day in the life of PricewaterhouseCoopers accountant working on the ballots!
- Arrivals footage for all shows
- Backstage Press interviews for all the shows
- The Academy Awards Nomination Ceremonies for all the shows
- Trailers, clips, and film posters for all the nominees.
- Gallery of all the Academy Award show posters.
- Photos from the events, Oscar stage concept art, newspaper articles, essays, and yearly predictions from critics and so called "Oscar experts"
- Show highlights: basically allowing direct access to the good parts
- Profiles for all the nominated films and people
- Oscar Rules as well as a list of films eligible for each award in each year
- Footage from the Scientific and Technical Awards
- And more that I can't think of!

Packaging would be convenient and feature a replica of an Oscar statuette as well as a hardcover book and Academy Awards Soundtrack!

Now, I can't say I love the decisions of the Academy. It's all politics really. But I can say I love the show for what it is, entertainment!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy that "Psycho" DVD David.
SOLD! :)

OK, there's one sold. Universal, are you listening?? :D

Now, can I interest you in my latest brainstorm, featuring ........

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: THE COMPLETE SERIES (6 SEASONS
ON 30 DISCS; 234 EPISODES)

Bonus Features:

>> Commentary Tracks for all 234 Beaver episodic adventures with: Jerry Mathers ("The Beav"), Tony Dow ("The Wally" :D), Barbara Billingsley ("The June"), and Ken Osmond (the one & only "Edward W. Haskell").

>> 125-minute documentary on the making of LITB, entitled "Behind The Beaver" (on second thought, the producers just *might* want to re-think this moniker :)).

>> Photo Gallery with over 450 behind-the-scenes full-sized photographs.

>> 12-minute featurette showing the Cleaver house being utilized in other Universal productions...including the 1964 film, "Send Me No Flowers".

>> Two complete episodes of the 1985 follow-up TV series, "The New Leave It To Beaver" (aka: "Still The Beaver").

>> Original TV Promo ads for the show (on both CBS and ABC networks).

>> "Where Are They Now" featurette (14 minutes).

>> "Wally's Girlfriends" featurette (13 minutes) -- From Gloria Cusick, to Mary Ellen Rogers, to Carolyn Stewart, to the box-office girl from the "wrong side of the tracks", to Julie Foster -- all of Wallace's "babes" are examined in detail.

>> "Tribute To Hugh Beaumont (1909-1982)" (Ward Cleaver) documentary (16 minutes).

>> Barbara Billingsley "Jive Lady" featurette (6 minutes), with behind-the-scenes footage of Barbara's hilarious role in 1980's "Airplane!". (Plus: Barbara's "Jive" talk in 7 different languages. :))

>> "Remembering Richard Deacon" (Fred Rutherford) documentary (11 minutes).

>> "Opening Theme Montage" featurette -- With details on the conception and filming of the six individual LITB show openings.

(FYI: The show's opening changed each season ----
S.1: Hand prints in cement.

S.2: Boys descend stairs (first house) and are greeted by parents at foot of staircase.

S.3: June & Ward enter boys' bedroom, awakening them (now in new house).

S.4: Outside shot of boys being handed their coats, etc., by Ward/June @ front door.

S.5: Outside shot of June exiting front door (which, BTW, somehow magically closes all by itself behind her) with tray of cool, refreshing lemonade beverages for her family. We see Ward & the boys working in yard, desiring the ice-cold June-created beverages.

S.6: Outside still again....This time the theme music has been "jazzed" up. Opening has each family member exiting the 211 Pine St. front door and entering Ward's brand-spanking-new 1963 automobile...with Beaver bringing up the rear.)

>> Aspect Ratio: Original Full-Frame (1.33:1).

>> 2.0 Dolby Digital (original Mono track).

>> Interactive LITB Quiz, with 675 trivia questions about Beaver and the Gang!

>> Bonus: Easter Eggs included. .... Including blooper footage, Cleaver house floor plans, and special deeply-buried "Eggs" which feature show clips of Larry Mondello consuming a wide variety of foods (that kid was always eating!). :laugh:

>> 78-page collectible hardcover book, "Leave It To Beaver Remembered", with hundreds of recently-unearthed photos.

>> ThinPak cases for each disc.

>> Unique "Beaver's Lunchbox" Packaging. "Lunchbox" houses all 6 season sets.

>> MSRP: $29.98.

>> Look for this "Beaver Mega-Set" on DVD in stores soon. (That is, soon--if Hell is about to freeze over. :D)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Um, as much as I can agree with the idea of this set and the impossible to beat price, I think the original run-time of this featurette was 54 minutes...

WHY CAN'T WE EVER GET THE STUFF WE WANT ON DVD!!!!

Sorry, it's been edited... No sale...
:laugh:
Good one.

Yes, you're right, the "Director's Cut" *was* indeed 54 minutes. But I *had* to trim some stuff someplace! As it is, I had to cut out the bonus of the complete text of JFK's "Profiles In Courage". That'd been another nice feature.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David, why no Andy Griffith set?

My dream DVD sets:
The Complete Oakland Raider collection
Every game ever played
A menu featuring Al Davis remarking that since I own the DVD he is now suing me.

The Complete NWA/WCW collection
were I to get this I'd have to build a warehouse for all of that material.

With content like that I wouldn't need extras...although I'd never be able to watch it all unless I decided that leaving my house was no longer something I needed to do.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
David, why no Andy Griffith set?
Yes, I was thinking about that one too. I'd love a "TAGS Mega-Set", with commentaries by Andy, Don, and Ron H. (plus any other characters who still have heartbeats).

We could also include a "3-D Virtual Map of Mayberry, N.C." -- with the ability to roam around the 'burg at will.

Plus the usual amount of deleted scenes, bloopers, and behind-the-camera features. :)

MSRP = $17.99 per set. :D

John Watson

Screenwriter
a DVD of 20 of the most erotic music videos :)

and I'm not talking about Janet Jackoff crapola garbage...

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
I am fortunate enough to own my "dream" dvd. My favorite movie, Traffic, was given the Criterion treatment. So, I guess my dream dvd would have to be:

TRAFFIC: THE CRITERION COLLECTION
-Better transfer than the existing one (if possible)
-Better audio than existing (not possible, since this is Soderbergh's desired mix)
-More special features that the excellent ones already on the disc
(I would like an 8-hour documentary on Soderbergh)
-Better cover than one existing (not possible)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Mine would be

The Val Lewton Collection

Same titles as the laserdiscs but with commentaries, documentaries, music and effects tracks, trailers, poster art, and more!

Add to that The Thin Man Collection and I'd be very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks