What's new

Drawing Up New Plans and Need Some Tips! (1 Viewer)

Ufdah

Auditioning
I'm in the process of drawing up some plans for a house I'm going to build this summer and could use a few tips. The things that are flexible on this plan are the ceiling height 9' or 10', the placement of the door on the west wall and speaker placement. Everything else has to stay, the wife has a lot of input on this therefore the limited changes. The purpose of this system is 90% movies, 10% abient music.

The speakers are:
KSC-C1 Center
KSB-1.1 Monopole Speakers (mains and surrounds)
Adire Audio Tempest Sub
With a H/K AVR-325 Receiver

If you have any sugguestions that would make things easier for me in the long run or make it sound better please let me know. The carpet will be shag and the walls are standard sheetrock with a very light texture. The ceiling does have a 1' raised tray as stated in the drawing. If there is something that would make a HUGE difference in the overall sound let me know and I'll see how she likes it...

Each square is 6"

Picture here: forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/ht_room.gif
Cut and paste into address bar. (can't post pictures yet, need over 15 posts.)

Ufdah

Auditioning
No www needed, just copy and paste. I appreciate you trying to take a look, I'm really excited to get this house built and want to get the sound as good as possible within my constraints.

Do you have a floor plan so that I can see the dimensions? Height/Width/Length ratios will affect the acoustics. If you want to enjoy the movies properly (90)then you will need to realise that the sound makes up 50% of the experience. Plain sheetrock walls will allow excessive reverb which will detract from that supplied by the surround sound system. Low frequency standing waves will defeat a lot of the subwoofer capability. You can build acoustic treatment into the room at construction stage and make a huge difference - at least as much as any single component you buy! If you are clever it can be aesthetically pleasing too.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks