Dragon's Lair to be 1080i!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Falasco, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Just read the preview for the upcoming Dragon's Lair game, and came across this little nugget:

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

It is great news to hear! Glad to see that the gaming companys are catching on. But I have a feeling that this game isnt as RAM intensive as most games are. With its simple "cartoon" look. I would think that the developers would have had more room for the extra resolution.

I dont know. Im just talking out of my ass.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Cool. What's the release date?

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Scott,
    I think you are right. This is one of the great benefits of cel shading a game when it is done well; there is more processing power left over for goodies. The two games that exploit this well would be Jet Set Radio Future where there was an insane draw distance and Robotech where there would be like 10 aircraft and 40 missiles on the screen at once with no slow down.
    I can't wait to pick up Dragon's Lair and try it out on my HDTV. Heck, if it was in 1080i and 5.1 sound, I would love to play through the original arcade Dragon's Lair on the Xbox too [​IMG]

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Camp, IGN lists a release date of November 18th. A glorious day that just happens to be my birthday. Coincidence??? [​IMG]

6. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Thanks Dave. -and happy birtday, you get to be Dirk for a day!