What's new

Dragon's Lair to be 1080i! (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Just read the preview for the upcoming Dragon's Lair game, and came across this little nugget:
Technically speaking, Dragon's Lair 3D will offer an unexpected treat to Xbox owners who have HDTVs and stereo receivers. The game will be the first to support 1080I on HDTVs, and it will offer Dolby 5.1 support, making Dragon's Lair about as fully loaded as a video game can get these days.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
It is great news to hear! Glad to see that the gaming companys are catching on. But I have a feeling that this game isnt as RAM intensive as most games are. With its simple "cartoon" look. I would think that the developers would have had more room for the extra resolution.

I dont know. Im just talking out of my ass.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Scott,
I think you are right. This is one of the great benefits of cel shading a game when it is done well; there is more processing power left over for goodies. The two games that exploit this well would be Jet Set Radio Future where there was an insane draw distance and Robotech where there would be like 10 aircraft and 40 missiles on the screen at once with no slow down.
I can't wait to pick up Dragon's Lair and try it out on my HDTV. Heck, if it was in 1080i and 5.1 sound, I would love to play through the original arcade Dragon's Lair on the Xbox too ;)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Camp, IGN lists a release date of November 18th. A glorious day that just happens to be my birthday. Coincidence??? :)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dave. -and happy birtday, you get to be Dirk for a day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks