What's new

Dragon's Lair on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Well I rented Dragon's Lair on blu-ray. I was thinking about buying it for nostalgia reasons, but wanted to try it out first. I also wanted to check out the PIP feature to see if it would play on my non 1.1 compliant Samsung BD-p1000.

First off the PIP feature works so it must not be 2 video streams but rather 2 encodes of the same footage, one with the PIP feature included and one with out.

The big disappointment however is that my Samsung reacts so slowly when you hit the buttons on the remote, that the game is completely unplayable. You are dead before the player even reacts to your commands. All you can do is sit there and watch Dirk die over and over! :frowning:

I'm sure this title works great on a PS3 or even a stand alone player with more horse power, but if you have a basic machine like mine, I wouldn't buy this title.

Doug

RonaldB

Auditioning
I have Dragon's Lair for the Xbox which plays in 1080i. Though I never finished it, I liked it a lot. Is the Blu-Ray Dragon's Lair you rented the same as the Xbox game or the old arcade machine?

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
There are other alternatives.

If you go to DigitalLeisure(if I remember the name right), you can purchase a copy of a number of different versions.

With the copy comes a legal licesnce to use a digital copy with the emulator Daphne, which recreates the experience exactly on your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks