What's new

Dragon's Lair 20th Anniversay boxed set (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Back in those days of the early 80's I was sooo much into video games that I loved seeing all the arcade games being played on a TV show. I'm sure I wasn't alone. With an Atari 2600 those arcade games looked like absolute perfection by comparison to the poor graphics I was used to at home so I ate Starcade up. Plus it was cool seeing the newest games. I was too young to realize how corny and generally sucky the show was, it was all about the games for me. But looking back on that show now it's like a time capsule.

And when Dragon's Lair came out, forgetaboutit. That was the coolest thing since life began. I bought up all the video game magazines that had walkthroughs(Joystick mag was one). I'm proud(?) to have every issue Electronic Games magazine stored because that represents my childhood. Games, and especially the wonderful artwork involved either in the graphics or more importantly the packaging whether at home or the arcade, opened up my imagination almost as much as things like Star Wars.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Dragon's Lair is inexplicably fun. That's the only way I can describe it. The game is repetitive and one of the worst examples of a game designed to quarter-gobble ever. But hey, it's a cartoon! :D.

Saturday's Supercade was a show made up of a bunch of different cartoons based on popular videogames. Ones I can remember off the top of my head were Q-Bert, Frogger, Pitfall, Pole Position (the only thing I remember about this was the ungodly amount of gadgetry they had in the cars), Donkey Kong, Space Ace, and Dragon's Lair.

One of those shows that was fun as all get out when I was a young kid but would probably make me cringe these days ;).

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I had completely forgotten about Starcade until I saw that first pic. I loved that show when I was a little twerp! :)

-Dave

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Saturday's Supercade was a show made up of a bunch of different cartoons based on popular videogames. Ones I can remember off the top of my head were Q-Bert, Frogger, Pitfall, Pole Position (the only thing I remember about this was the ungodly amount of gadgetry they had in the cars), Donkey Kong, Space Ace, and Dragon's Lair.
[nerd]

Actually, "Pole Position" and (I think) "Dragon's Lair" were seperate shows. SS also included "Donkey Kong Junior".

[/nerd]

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Yeah the Supercade show does seem awfully familiar, I bet I was watching it. I had my Saturday morning regiment of Dungeons & Dragons, Smurfs, Thundarr, and the list goes on, but I was especially interested in arcade game-based cartoons like the Pac-Land cartoon.

Hey while we're tripping down memory lane...

I still have this on wax! Which certifies me as an official geek/nerd. :b

Btw the JM Productions site has their official Starcade site and it's pretty extensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks