What's new

Dragonlance Movie coming fall of 2007! (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=36865

As a huge fan of these books I am tickeled pink by this news. I was obviously hoping for a live action film, but I think this will be more than good enough for me!

Hopefully the movie will be well received on DVD (I can't see it doing much in the theaters) to spawn part two of the trilogy, Dragons of Winter Night

Andy

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
Live action, animated, whatever! All I care about is that we're getting Dragonlance!!!!! Kickass!

This is so weird, I was just about to reread the novels - and now this news! :)

This might actually be really good, since I was always worried about the casting - especially Raistlin. Animation just allows them to get closer to perfection. Plus, having it be animated will hopefully keep it from too many "oh it's just copying LotR" comments.

F&%#ing Awesome!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Green Gemstone Man lives! I'd rather six live-action movies, but it would be almost impossible to pull these books off on film. Same thing they said about those other fantasy books, yeah, but still.

This should be in Movies.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Any concerns on whether the first book, made by itself will be successful enough to spawn a second and hopefully 3rd movie to complete the trilogy?

I wonder how they will end the movie although they did say that wanted to remain as close to the book as possible.

Hopefully Tas will be treated well and not turn into an animated clown removing some of the wonderful tension in the books

Andy

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks OP! This is great news - I read the first six books when I was in my teens and I loved them. I too would have preferred to see the story unfold in live-action, but I'm looking forward to it either way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks