"Dragon Wars" (D-War) Movie... What Happened?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Joey Gunz, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

[​IMG]

Many months ago, I caught a trailer called "D-War" (Dragon Wars). It's a Korean-produced, live-action movie about Dragons and other creatures fighting against an army of Korean Knights. It was quite surreal, but it looked damn cool. It's been awhile since I last heard anything about this movie. Anyone know whats up with it? The Official Site appears to be abandoned. Just wondering what the movie status is.

By the way, if you have't seen it, you can download the trailer here: D-War

You need Quicktime to view it.

2. Alan_Hoxie

Alan_Hoxie Auditioning

Joey,
    That looks AWESOME!!! I'll do some digging and try to find out if it's still being released. Thanks for the heads-up on this one! My wife and I love "Dragon Movies" and I hope this one is released soon. Have you ever seen the movie "Q - The Winged Serpent"? It's an older film but well worth a look! Take care....

Alan

3. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

I haven't seen "Q" in almost 20 years....since I was a kid. I don't remember much about it. I'll have to rent it out sometime. [​IMG]

By the way, I found out some more information on the status of "D-War". I posted the same question at another forum and got this reply:

"(The movie) is currently in its lengthy CGI and post-production stage, IIRC. Scheduled for a Korean release near the end of the year, after which a worldwide release should soon follow. It's already got co-financing from US and Japan, so those two regions should be a definite."

Looks like we will be seeing it afterall. [​IMG]