What's new

Dragon Dynasty Release Schedule (1 Viewer)

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
http://www.dragondynasty.com/news/show/5

April

Born to Fight: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition

May

Shanghai Express: Special Collector’s Edition
Above the Law: Special Collector’s Edition

June

36th Chamber of Shaolin: Special Collector’s Edition
King Boxer: Special Collector’s Edition
The One Armed Swordsman: Special Collector’s Edition
My Young Auntie: Special Collector’s Edition

July

Hardboiled: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition
Last Hurrah for Chivalry: Special Collector’s Edition:

August

Crime Story: Special Collector’s Edition
Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin: Special Collector’s Edition

September

City of Violence: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition
Dragon Heat: Special Collector’s Edition

October

Tai Chi Master: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition
Hapkido: Special Collector’s Edition

November

Quentin Tarantino presents The Shaw Brothers’ Collection (titles to be confirmed)

December

Fist of Legend: 2 Disc Ultimate Edition
Dreadnaught: Special Collector’s Edition

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for posting the list. I've been waiting for FoL since they first announced the Dynasty DVD's. As long as it has the original language track its a must buy for me. Will be good if its uncut this time too.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The Weinstein Company has, by all accounts, done an exemplary job on them, which is kind of surprising considering how lackluster Miramax's Hong Kong action DVDs often were. Uncut, with the original language, and packed with special features (sometimes even more so than the HK versions) is the norm, and when has that ever been the case for this genre in the US?

I just wish they'd put them out on HD DVD.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

Not quite so exemplary...their POLICE STORY DVD is pictorially inferior to the IVL release, and the Cantonese mono track runs annoyingly out-of-sync for about a minute during two key scenes, namely the shantytown apocalypse and the shopping mall massacre. DOH! (slaps forehead) Another annoyance is that the only English dub option is the exceptionally horrible remixed track with craptastic new foley effects. I was praying for the far superior original '80s dub to be used (it exists in complete form; only the original U.S. release was truncated), or at least included as an option, but nooooooooo...

The IVL has the best picture, but its Cantonese mono soundtrack is out-of-sync throughout. Will this film ever receive the justice on DVD that it deserves? As it stands, the Deltamac release, while too dark of a transfer, has a perfect mono soundtrack, and is the one that I watch.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
I agree. The picture quality was horrid compared to any other version out there. :frowning:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
So In all your opinions, If I was looking for the Best Version of Police Story out there, what version should I get? Also how was the latest Installment of Police Story that got released not too long ago.

MattMC

Agent
There are quite a few on that list that I have been waiting for!
I will probably pick them all up (support the company so that they release more of these!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks