What's new

Dragon Con 2007 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's that time of the year again for the upcoming Dragon Con 2007 weekend (Aug. 31 - Sept. 3)

The schedule is finally up.

Go to the Daily Dragon to download the printable pocket program (I will probably just print out page 48-60 and start marking down all the conflicts that will inevitably occur).

There are also daily changes that happen after the schedule was sent to the printers, so check out the "programming changes" link as well.

Here's the main Dragon*Con webpage that has the guests list on the front page.

Any other HTFers coming down to Hotlanta for Dragon Con this coming weekend?

The Mythbusters contingent (Kari, Grant and Tori) are back for another go-around. Let's hope all 3 make it on time for their Friday panel.

The Firefly/Serenity contingent features Ron Glass and Mark A. Sheppard. Shindig starts up on Saturday 11:30 p.m.

Other shows:
Buffy/Angel - James Marsters and Juliet Landau, and also Elisabeth Rohm
Babylon 5 - Claudia Christian
Battlestar Galactica - Jamie Bamber, Richard Hatch
Star Trek - John de Lancie, Jonathan Frakes, Gates McFadden, Nichelle Nichols, Robert Picardo, Brent Spiner (and 3 others, I think)
Stargate - Christopher Judge, Paul McGillion, Michael Shanks
Married with Children - David Faustino (Bud!)
Buck Rogers - Gil Gerard and Erin Gray
Andromeda - Lexa Doig
Parker Lewis Can't Lose - Corin Nemec
CHIPS - Erik "frikkin'" Estrada
Farscape - Virginia Hey, David Franklin, Lani John Tupu, Gigi Edgley
Flash - John Wesley Shipp
Beastmaster - Marc Singer
Star Wars - David Prowse, Peter Mayhew
Harry Potter - James & Oliver Phelps, Matthew Lewis,
Greatest American Hero - William Katt
Tank Girl - Lori Petty
TAPS - Grant Wilson, Jason Hawes
Alien/Millenium - Lance Hendriksen
Who Wants to be a Super-Hero - Feedback, Major Victory, Fat Mama

Eye Candy and notables - Vanessa Angel, Frank Stallone, Michael Winslow. Gail Kim, Alexis Cruz, Louis Gossett Jr., Tippi Hedren

Anyhow, it's a 24/7 convention, and a lot of fun if you are into any of the 30+ programming tracks.

Don't forget to bring your camera!

Flickr Dragon Con photo collections: 2005 and 2006.

I also have links to previous years of photos on my website (linked in my sig).

Chris

Senior HTF Member
As noted in the TV forum, Ellen Muth from Dead Like Me will be present, reportedly.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The recent Mythbusters ep was pretty apropos for the upcoming convention.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
True, this week's episode on super-hero myths was pretty entertaining.

There's only one Mythbuster panel this year, which is a shame, though I think the crew will be on hand as either judges for the Dawn contest, or something during the evening on Saturday.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Patrick, did you get a chance to meet Claudia Black? I had to work, again, this year so I didn't get a chance to partake in the festivities.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't spring for an autograph ticket for any of the guests this year, so I didn't get to "meet" Claudia Black, but she was there, behind the floor-taped off lines of people that did want to meet her and get an autographed photo from her (and other guests). I did get my photo taken with the Mythbusters gang (Kari, Tory, and Grant) since they weren't charging for the photo-op like other guests were. They brought a really neat set of 4 bobbleheads (of Kari, Tory, Grant, and the dummy) that Kari sculpted, and then had a manufacturer make a limited set of them (can't remember if it was 100 sets, or more/less than that) and the sets were going for $100/set. It might have been something I would have bought had I not just bought a car, so that ruled out such an impulse purchase.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave...7601881240987/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave...7601881240987/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks