Dragon Con 2005

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, I finally finished up my Dragon Con 2005 photo album. It didn't take me as long as it did last year, but I also got a little lazier in my approach to categorization, which also eased up the webpage writing burden.

I didn't realize how much of a presence the Star Trek cast would be in force this year, and I ended up going to quite a few of those ST panels, but I was really impressed by the number of Browncoats that turned up for the Firefly/Serenity panels all 3 days that I attended. I tried posting a few bits of comments on the photo album pages (plus my mind is mush, even a week after the event). I couldn't believe the long waiting lines for their panels.

Someone was nice enough to post tidbits from those Firefly/Serenity panels over on Fireflyfans.net, so you can read about it and also check out the photos in my album as well.

This year, Dragon Con seem to just fly by without a lot of filler. I stayed pretty busy all throughout the first 3 days (I headed out early on the last day to catch a Braves game on Labor Day).

And there are plenty of costumed attendees this time around that I managed to capture with my digital cameras.

2. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Patrick, did you not go to the parade?

Every year I want to go but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe next year.

It was good to see the Firefly panel drew so many people. Hopefully that bodes well for Serenity.

Tricia Helfer is one beautiful woman.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I had a friend who was ill on Saturday, which was the day of the parade, so I didn't get down there in time for the 10 a.m. start of the parade, thus, I missed it.

Tricia is ridiculously good looking in person.

4. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

Patrict,

Thanks!

Not done yet because I have to check out your previous year photos also [​IMG].

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

I've always wanted to go to Dragon Con. There are soem local people from Toronto that made some of the costumes in your pics, and it would have been nice for me to wear a costume when it's not Halloween.

6. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Man, I should get out to these conventions more often!
    [​IMG]

7. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Did she offer any milk with her cookies? [​IMG]

8. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

No offense, Pat... but this thread ties in nicely with the recent Strongbad short.

Just had to share. [​IMG]

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

My officemate said that they were actually there in the big area for distributors and manufacturers in the Mariott, I forget the name of that big room.

10. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Helfer looks quite different than when she's made up as #6.

Costumes are as interesting and audacious as ever but I'd have to say my favorite is #1637, Jean Grey/Phoenix.

And I'm curious how Aimee Sweet and Aria Giovanni fit into the event? (Not that anyone was complaining, I'm sure).

11. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

I saw the photo for Aimee Sweet and thought, "ZOMG, she is hawt. What TV show am I missing out on?" And then I googled her name...:b

Are you sure you were there for the ST and Firefly portions of the convention?[​IMG]

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Sure, the appearances of Aimee and Aria are just a small bonus. I'm not sure what would not fit at Dragon Con.

Tricia is a brunette, and originally #6 was going to be a dark-haired character, but then they decided that she'd be Gaius' fantasty girl, so Tricia got the blonde treatment.

13. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Whoa, my best friend's psycho ex-girlfriend is in one of those pictures. Crazy.

14. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

Which one? Link?

- Colton

15. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

She's one of the four girls on the in the table of contents picture on page one of the Day 1 Part 1 photos.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What's funny about that particular photo is that one of my officemates thought one of the girls looked liked a gal from one of our other locations in the southeast, so we had a chuckle about it, but concluded that the girl in the photo was just a doppelganger (everyone has one, the trick is to finding him/her).

17. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

Patrick, as a Luke Ski nut I have to ask what you thought of his Grease Wars set?

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

http://www.lukeski.com/

OMG! There it is! As I said in my intro portion, I had a blast with "Grease Wars" as "Grease" was probably my #1 musical in my youth, and to hear Luke Ski perform his Star Wars-related songs to those from "Grease" was a real treat. Thanks for providing the name for Luke Ski, I had no idea what his name was.

19. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

That's good to hear, been a fan of his for quite a while I think he is very talented. This year he has gone full time singing at Cons and drawing.

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I guess I started liking Luke's stuff ever since I saw him in the Masquerade last year, doing a rap riff on Sirius Black.