Dragon Con 2003

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by John Thomas, Jul 27, 2003.

1. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

the whole point of this is to see just how many people here are going, or for that matter, interested in such stuff.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, go here for further details.

One of the main draws is the M:TG Grand Prix but also the number of people in the industry that will be there. Sounds like a fun weekend to me.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I will be there with digital camera in hand as always! It's going to be taking place in Atlanta on the Labor Day weekend - 8/31/03 to 9/3/03. It's one of those conventions that's truly goes on 24 hours/day, and the stuff you'll see just by walking around is worth the price of admission alone.

3. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

Always nice to see Mike Long slip in an extra card or two into his booster draft deck [​IMG]

They should hold DragonCon in California... there is a water shortage, but since nobody who attends DragonCon takes a shower for the duration of the con, it's like free tax dollars rolling in without consumption of a rare commodity!

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I'd love to go... but I can't make it to Atlanta (as I am already in my 2nd week of college at that point). I'd love to go to AWA and DragonCon sometime though! [​IMG]

I will be at Otakon in Baltimore, MD (along w/ another couple HTF members) from 8/8-8/10 though. [​IMG]

6. Steven K

7. John Thomas

Who has time for a shower when you're in the middle of CRACK-DOOOOOWN?! [​IMG]

Ok, back to topic. I received an e-mail from a local shop that is offering discounts on DragonCon memberships for those who didn't get in on it early enough. That just about seals it for me - included in price of admission is entry into the MTG Grand Prix.

The only bad thing I can think of to say about this year's is that the only representative from Buffy is James Marsters. [​IMG]

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Hey, Clem is supposed to be there too!

Luke Perry will be there (he played Pike in the original Buffy movie).

Hmm... Spike and Pike...

9. Steven K

Maa-haa-oot
    Els-dra-guuuuuune!

Wildfire Enema!

Kird Ape says bye-bye!

10. John Thomas

Sorry Patrick, I just can't count Clem in on that. I was hoping for SMG. ...and Allyson Hannigan....and Charisma Carpenter...and Eliza Dushku.... [​IMG]

I hope the scheduling of events goes better than they did at GenCon. I heard that it was a total disaster there, with lines for badges taking 3 hours and then having to wait in more lines to get into specific events being over an hour.

11. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, only 8 days away for Dragon Con... Just thought I'd revive the thread for those still on the fence on attending this con.

13. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Can't wait to check out the your picts of it Patrick, sure wish I could go in person.

14. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Yup, want plenty of pictures Patrick.

[​IMG]

15. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

I really want to go, in order to take part in the Magic Grand Prix, but I don't think I'll be able to swing the time off, or all the costs.

16. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

Since there seems to be a bunch of M:TG players here where would be a good place, besides e-bay, to sell my collection?

17. John Thomas

Bill, I've sold a collection before on Ebay. What's essential is that you create a comprehensive listing of all your cards and their condition. This way there's no questions for the bidder and people know exactly what they're getting. I listed some of my most expensive/popular cards then included a link to a .doc file of the list in the auction description.

Turns out I'm not going to Dragoncon afterall. Got a better offer from some friends back in my old college town. I'd really like to go to a big event such as this sometime though. Are there any other big to-do events such as this? GenCon comes to mind..

18. Steven K

19. John Thomas

Ohyeah. No doubt there will much orange this weekend and dozens of replays of "Rocky Top"...followed up by tasty beverages. [​IMG]

20. Steven K