What's new

Dragnet '68 on Hulu -- Why not on DVD? (1 Viewer)

MarkPA333

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I saw that the second season of the Dragnet 1967-1970 "revival" is available for free viewing on Hulu. The episodes look great! And the source for the video is listed as "UMS" (which I believe is Universal).

If these are available in digital form, why haven't we seen this season released on DVD yet? It's been over 3 years since Dragnet '67 was released. If Dragnet '68 is out already, forgive me -- perhaps I missed it.

Hulu - Videos

Mark

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
it's cheaper for them to put them on Hulu than the costs associated with pressing and distributing DVDs. Even if a selection goes bust on Hulu, Universal isn't stuck with a warehouse full of returns.

The local RTN station runs Dragnet with Adam 12. Maybe they'll get enough awareness back that it will be good to put them out on DVD.

MarkPA333

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I hope you're right about the local station generating interest. At least the Hulu episodes are uncut and clean! Would be better to watch them on my TV but this will do nicely for now as a substitute Dragnet "fix".

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
you should check to see if any of your local stations are using RTN programming for their digital substation. That's how we get it in Raleigh. Right now RTN is running Universal's programming.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
As to the whole returns issue, why don't studios just press a small amount of niche product, see if it sells, and if there is a demand, make more?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks