Drag racing videos from this weekend

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett_A, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Geez man, your Camaro takes off! With all that smoke that coming out of your tailpipe I'm curious if you guys do anything that isn't allowed on the street like removing your cat converters or anything else that wouldn't be legal on the road? I'd love to see a car with that power crushing all the heavily stickered Civics on the streets. Do you have a website explaining what mods you did and what your times are?

btw- I just wish we could get the movies in mpg format, the have to keep re-buffering every 15 sec. I tried ASF Recorder but it doesn't seem to work.

3. Brett_A

The smoke is because I have the car setup to run rich. It is a blower motor so rich is safe.

This car is a street car(although I don't run cats, passed CA smog with a cat on)) and I drove it to and from the track. That first pass was a [email protected]

That site isn't good for transfer but I just saved the files to my HD and viewed them there which was faster and easier. I had a website with all the mods but Homestead started charging and I took the site down.

Basically the car is a mild forged motor with stock heads and small cam. It has an 8# supercharger and some suspension work. It was built as a street car and is driven on the street with pump gas(91 in CA).

4. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Nice holeshot! Must be automatic.

I run my '80 Z28 occasionally, but with hard street tires, and a 6 speed, I can't get under 2.30 60' time. I still manage to get through the traps in the 13s at 105 or so. I'm afraid I'll break the rear with slicks, though.

You sure that's from running rich? When I run rich, the smoke is a bit darker (Little black puffs on the shift). I use no oil between 4000 mile changes, either (and this on a 22 year old bottom end).

Todd

5. Brett_A

Yeah it is rich, I have had it on a wideband a few times for AF. That is not to say some isn't a little oil with the looser ring gap though.

6. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

Brett, your car is FAST!

I cant believe you have a 10 second street car. I bet you laugh when that jabroni with the rice burner pulls up next to you at the red light huh?

I used to drag race when I was in high school. Every weekend throughtout the whole summer my friends and I would hit the local track. I ran mid 14s in an 80 El Camino (definatly a sleeper!) Not nearly as cool as your 10s but not bad for a highschool guy.

I've been in college for quite a while and haven't been able to race, but man when I graduate I'm building the biggest....fastest....cooooolest....

By the way, at the track, CHEVY RULES!

-Marshall