What's new

General Discussion Dracula (original) in 4K? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn’t know about a thread for the Universal Monster film series remastered for 4K! I’ll have to check it out.

I did a rewatch the Blu Rays of Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolfman last year. Those transfers are amazing already! Especially Bride of Frankenstein. I can imagine Dracula not looking great to you in 4K. I recall it’s pretty soft looking anyway. I am more impressed by the massive improvements from the DVD’s to the Blu Rays. Scratches and dust are removed and the clarity is amazing at 1080!

I plan to upgrade my display to 4K this year so I’d be very much interested in the classic Universal Monsters collection on disc!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I bit on Dracula and Frankenstein last weekend, the former because it was 4k and the latter in anticipation of a 4k release later. I haven't had the chance to watch them yet. I'm keeping an eye on all the other monster films too.

Frankenstein has a whole lot of nostalgia for me for a lot of reasons. I was massively into Universal Monsters when I was younger and just love how much they accomplished with comparatively little technology and budget, compared to today.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
At the last HTF Meet out in LA that I attended, a local movie theater out there in Burbank I think, ran a double-feature of "Frankenstein" and "The Bride of Frankenstein". It was great watching both of those classic horror films on a big screen in a movie theater.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
It's always fun to see those movies in the theater. I remember once needing some time out of my apartment while my then-roommate had a date over. None of my other friends were around so I went to a packed showing of "The Wolf Man" and "The Invisible Man."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks