What's new

Dracula II: Ascension (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Has anyone checked out the Wes Cravens "direct to video" Dracula II: Ascension. The sequel to Dracula 2000 ?

Let me know your thoughts on it?

Thanks
Troy

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Unfortunately yes.

Jason's Scott Lee's vampire slayer priest is fun but the rest....pun...sucks.

The movie plays more like a Frankenstein film, with Drac chained and grunting most of the film. Scientist probe an test him.

Except for Jason, the cast is boring. And the characters actions redefine stupidity. People are actually using needles to turn themselves into vampires.

It doesn't work as a good movie, and doesn't try to be a low budget gore and T&A fest. So it doesn't work on any level.

Peter

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Watched it the other night. Still attempting to scoop out my mental eye.

It was bad.

The only good part
was when Drac (who was played by a totally different actor...they attempt to pass it off with a throwaway line about his appearance changing every time he "dies") got free.
He grabs one of the twits who had been tormenting him. Twit says: "Go ahead, bite me, I'll live forever!"
Drac responds: "Yes, but will you enjoy it" as he rips off the guys face, and THEN bites/turns him. Loved that part, if only to see Drac get some really cold revenge.

Beyond that, I totally agree with Peter. Not worth the time.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
So I guess I shouldn't even rent this one eh?
Even to satisfy the horror fan in meself?

Is it that bad? :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I fell asleep for the ending and wasn't interested enough to go back and re-watch it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I fell asleep at the end too (watched it at 2AM). I'd check it out on a rent. It defenately plays like a direct to video release, minus excessive blood and T&A. It was disappointing, but did have some neat things in it (unlike "Frost: Portrait of a Vampire" which I would avoid at all costs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks