What's new

Dracula 2? The Un-Dead (Official Dracula Sequel) (1 Viewer)

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the dead will be turning in their graves for this one. :)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
um, why should I care what the Stoker "family" does or doesn't do? Bram has been dead since 1912, and his works are all in the public domain.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

Exactly. Do a sequel to the book, have Dracula in a traditional family sitcom, Dracula as a typical slasher villain, do something completely different. It doesn't matter because you don't need approval for anything.

Personally, I think it would be fun if someone tried to do an adaptation of Kim Newman's Anno Dracula. Could be the movie that the League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen adaptation wished it was :)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
If Da Vinci Code proves a hit, a producer might be less reluctant to delve into the whole "academic finds secret documents" genre, although I may be discounting hollywood, seeing as I haven't even seen Possession. On the other hand, I may be overestimating it-- Dan Brown is, shall we say a lesser literary light...
One of the better novels of this subtype is Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian, Although the constant shifting among points of view may render the novel unfilmable, an adaptation might prove a worth addition to to the library of vampire films.
Still, Bram Stoker's novel is not so straightforward--it does incorporate letters, for instance.

I quite enjoyed Shadow of the Vampire, though I understand that this film infuriates a lot of people, as it is not easily categorized.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks